Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 75 Results Good vs Evil Epic
Victory By Team (8 Regions) Is The Amazons Kingdom!
                           Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom    Player                Results-23  Grand Total

1     AM     Pine Needle               22,572      29,067
          2     DW     Brek                      16,969      23,354
          3     EL     The Painted Man           17,839      22,964
          4     IL     Calin                     17,403      22,127
          5     DU     Rellgar                   16,033      20,571
          6     AN     Wookie Panz               15,101      19,525
          7     BL     DuPont                     9,900      15,300
          8     UN     CosmicWizard17             6,355      11,374
          9     DA     Flevis                     6,174       9,539
         10     TY     Flevis                     5,700       8,850

Write up to follow of team Good victory.

No one else has commented on this game so since I was at the bottom of the winning team I will start it off and maybe we can work our way up to the top dog?

I've always said that the team that communicates and works together the best is going to have an edge in team games and this one was no exception.  Our "Good" team shared turns as soon as they came out and we worked together on ways to best use our positions against the "Evil" team.  We used the trick of trade of IL to wash food and gold and send it where it was needed the most.  I'll let everyone else tell their tales and I hope the others will cover regional selection as it impacted the game right from the start.

I had AN.  Old guy playing AN was a good fit.  We lubed up the wheel chair and I tried to keep up with the others but still finished last.  I was in Pelinor and being right next door to UN in Triumvia, BL in Mythgar, and TY in Untamed, expected to be an early target.  I had no expectation that my hidden capital on the Untamed border would stay hidden so as soon as I had control I made use of the generosity of Calin, our IL player, and grabbed his sea town in northern Krynn for a capital move.

About this time I decided since DE had not moved on Stormgate we could use the AN political game to make it friendly and take it early.  It was a team effort funding a castle the same turn and a great castle the following turn.  We had our first new region in the bank early and I also had access to the Tempest sea. 

Not much later BL groups started showing up and taking pc from Pelinor, costing us control.  At one point I was down to just my hidden town and sea capital and 2 villages.  With AN military being way too weak to stop BL our other players, mostly Painted with EL, helped my politicians to take back pop centers nearly as fast as BL could take them.  I had a flying group that was busy taking BL villages and managed to avoid any military group battles.  As an early target AN was often resource poor and my allies were generous in hellping fund the position.  AN did manage to do quite a few Consul orders to help the other team members and my agents found both the UN and DE hidden capitals.  Paint will argue it was his guy that found UN but AN had covered most of the ground and picked the square for EL to cover so I'm grabbing credit! 

There's not much more to say about AN as it was very much a supporting roll and often boring.  The last few turn saw a major assault with both groups and politicians upon UN.  We broke his control of Triumvia and I was on his sea capital with a group that could have taken it easily as the game ended.
The others on the team earned a ton of credit. Rellgar was attacked by BL, DE, and TY and was a rock, as usual.  Pines AM, Painted's EL and Brek's DW were all devistating to our enemies and Calin with IL was our spokes person, banker, and magic user supreme, giving support in all ways at all times.

This team was right up there with the best that I have played with in terms of player skill and the communication was suburb  Thanks team!

AM Queen here from Krynn. Having been on the wrong side of a team game as a noob, I really wanted to be team first all the time. I was happy Painted took the lead as captain, but he had a soft touch, it was really more about communication.

I didn't really choose my region or kingdom, but was happy as the AM and happy to be the muscle. My capital was at the north end of Krynn, and I gambled the UN couldn't find it early so headed south fast to go after DA, BL and NE even before taking my region. I figured my military could disrupt evil and my emis could take Krynn even if a turn late.

This worked like a charm as we stopped or delayed DA in Sword right away. I started building a second army on turn 5 which turned out to be key as many AM maidens in my main army would soon die.

I took Python Cove from the NE turn 8 and moved on his capital forest town on turn 9. This was the turning point for me- I said to my team "I think I stepped in it" at the NE capital with 3 NE groups. Only one had brigades though, so I was facing only one death spell. Rellgar said attack on level three, and that was excellent advice- I couldn't flank anyway in the forest.

That turned out to surprise the NE who cast wall of flame (and death), but I broke through, surprised his army, killed a level 5, 4 and 3 and took his capital. While many Amazon maidens did die, I also got an elite brigade to recruit elites.

From there, knocked out the NE and moved on the BL, with a couple of group battles against the DA. Once it was 6 on 5, not much fighting left. I never faced much agent stuff, just some stealing from DA. We knew where his sea capital was so reconned and saw his enamors, then tried to blunt potential political attacks on Krynn and Sword. BL harassed my PCs in Krynn but no big deal, bounced against his capital once, but then took Mythgar. And that was it.

AM is really great early with fast military and good emis. I used my avenging angels a lot, but my wizards and agents were severely lacking so the mid term game would not have been good for me, but that's why you have allies, right? Great allies and great captain. I was designated trash talker, which I found to be mediocre.

Nice game everyone. I didn't fight against the DE, TY or UN. I sent lots of gold up north, though. As was clear, our strategy focused on keeping the UN influence in check with the High Council. What was UN final influence? We nerfed it every turn, I believe.

(09-12-2021, 10:34 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: AM Queen here from Krynn. Having been on the wrong side of a team game as a noob, I really wanted to be team first all the time. I was happy Painted took the lead as captain, but he had a soft touch, it was really more about communication.

I didn't really choose my region or kingdom, but was happy as the AM and happy to be the muscle. My capital was at the north end of Krynn, and I gambled the UN couldn't find it early so headed south fast to go after DA, BL and NE even before taking my region. I figured my military could disrupt evil and my emis could take Krynn even if a turn late.

This worked like a charm as we stopped or delayed DA in Sword right away. I started building a second army on turn 5 which turned out to be key as many AM maidens in my main army would soon die.

I took Python Cove from the NE turn 8 and moved on his capital forest town on turn 9. This was the turning point for me- I said to my team "I think I stepped in it" at the NE capital with 3 NE groups. Only one had brigades though, so I was facing only one death spell. Rellgar said attack on level three, and that was excellent advice- I couldn't flank anyway in the forest.

That turned out to surprise the NE who cast wall of flame (and death), but I broke through, surprised his army, killed a level 5, 4 and 3 and took his capital. While many Amazon maidens did die, I also got an elite brigade to recruit elites.

From there, knocked out the NE and moved on the BL, with a couple of group battles against the DA. Once it was 6 on 5, not much fighting left. I never faced much agent stuff, just some stealing from DA. We knew where his sea capital was so reconned and saw his enamors, then tried to blunt potential political attacks on Krynn and Sword. BL harassed my PCs in Krynn but no big deal, bounced against his capital once, but then took Mythgar. And that was it.

AM is really great early with fast military and good emis. I used my avenging angels a lot, but my wizards and agents were severely lacking so the mid term game would not have been good for me, but that's why you have allies, right? Great allies and great captain. I was designated trash talker, which I found to be mediocre.

Nice game everyone. I didn't fight against the DE, TY or UN. I sent lots of gold up north, though. As was clear, our strategy focused on keeping the UN influence in check with the High Council. What was UN final influence? We nerfed it every turn, I believe.

Nice job.  You were the hammer.

And you can take a punch, champ.

I played the DU, I just played ring around the tree with the Demons, then the Tyrrants. Gave my food away to the Amazonian army and the elves in tights, then gave food to the build a castle funds in Triumvia and Stormgate to protect the old folks home.. My allies kicked butt down south, while I held on in the north and went after UN villages early on with military, then again later on with emmisaries. We found the DE hidden capitol and that's when I moved on Diamond, but the Demons had enough and dropped before I usurped my first PC there.

The concept and the role play was fun. The game was not to exciting though. The players are among the best and I will play another team game with any of them again, even a boring one.

(09-14-2021, 12:03 AM)RELLGAR Wrote: I played the DU, I just played ring around the tree with the Demons, then the Tyrrants.  Gave my food away to the Amazonian army and the elves in tights, then gave food to the build a castle funds in Triumvia and Stormgate to protect the old folks home.. My allies kicked butt down south, while I held on in the north and went after UN villages early on with military, then again later on with emmisaries. We found the DE hidden capitol and that's when I moved on Diamond, but the Demons had enough and dropped before I usurped my first PC there.

The concept and the role play was fun. The game was not to exciting though. The players are among the best and I will play another team game with any of them again, even a boring one.

Great job of holding on in the north General.  It reminded me of the Black Watch in G.O.T.  You more than held your own for sure and supplied the rest of us with food too.  Well done.