Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cracking Legendary
(09-07-2021, 10:22 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: With a fear kingdom, would you have 100% fear?

No fear kingdom has all the necessary fear companions for 100% fear.
(09-08-2021, 01:29 AM)The Painted Man Wrote: Are we celebrating this? Just curious.

Actually this is sort of my extreme example of why fear needs to be capped.  However, since in many games more than half of all towns end up with legendary castles on them, fear isn't the only thing that needs to be capped. Granaries, ports, bazaars, hidden ore fertile fields, bounty all contribute to a map with literally dozens of legendary castles.  Differing kingdom levels of available fear is probably the number 1 thing that distinguishes a kingdoms endgame potential.  I'm guessing that wasn't intentional.

For instance, moral is capped at 160, there is no reason food production in any pc can't be capped at 20,000 for instance, gold at 40,000 perhaps.
(09-08-2021, 05:58 AM)Senior Tactician Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 01:29 AM)The Painted Man Wrote: Are we celebrating this? Just curious.

Actually this is sort of my extreme example of why fear needs to be capped.  However, since in many games more than half of all towns end up with legendary castles on them, fear isn't the only thing that needs to be capped. Granaries, ports, bazaars, hidden ore fertile fields, bounty all contribute to a map with literally dozens of legendary castles.  Differing kingdom levels of available fear is probably the number 1 thing that distinguishes a kingdoms endgame potential.  I'm guessing that wasn't intentional.

For instance, moral is capped at 160, there is no reason food production in any pc can't be capped at 20,000 for instance, gold at 40,000 perhaps.

But why? What's the reason?
(09-08-2021, 10:24 AM)RELLGAR Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 05:58 AM)Senior Tactician Wrote:

But why? What's the reason?
Balance.  Rangers, for example, will almost never be able to capture a legendary castle.  At endgame... practically all towns are legendary castles.  To balance the kingdoms more at endgame, legendary castles should be more rare, and more difficult for everyone to take, not just the fear-challenged.
Congrats SR. Well done.

And enlightening. I didn't know you got the full 10% for a single Mammoth/ Specter brig. By my math you wiped out almost half the remainder with magic leaving your troops with only about 9k to contend with. On another note, you did with without artifacts. Your commander deserves a raise.
(09-07-2021, 10:21 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: I'll venmo you a fair price. Nice work. pineneedle2020@gmail.com if you want to send me info to pay up.

Thanks man but I cant take your money, I'll toast you next time I tip one back Wink