Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New confederation game?
Is anybody out there interested in a new confederation game? There are 6 players in this game format, and everybody controls 2 kingdoms.

These games are steel, with no communications.

This is a good way to learn more about the game, and it is pretty fun as well! I've had a blast. In a way, it is like a team game, except that you are the team!

The one that finished last week somehow turned into a 48 hour game.  With two positions I found it more stressful than I would have liked.
Also poor Lord Thanatos started with his kingdoms divided.  Then he got attacked by a second player early on and dropped.  The game was unbalanced from there on.  
I wonder if there is a way to assure each position has two adjacent kingdoms?
Maybe pair them before the draft?

I'll pass on playing this time.

(06-01-2021, 06:29 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: The one that finished last week somehow turned into a 48 hour game.  With two positions I found it more stressful than I would have liked.
Also poor Lord Thanatos started with his kingdoms divided.  Then he got attacked by a second player early on and dropped.  The game was unbalanced from there on.  
I wonder if there is a way to assure each position has two adjacent kingdoms?
Maybe pair them before the draft?

I'll pass on playing this time.

Pair befor draft is the only way..  I backed out of that one for that very reason Smile

Yep. One person pretty certain to be screwed. Smile

Since there is some disfavor for this mode, I will close this thread and start a new game.

(06-02-2021, 05:18 PM)Windstar Wrote: Since there is some disfavor for this mode, I will close this thread and start a new game.

I'm not against it, I just think the concept of pairing regions should be done.

if you get crown, you get darkover. Krynn? Zanthia. Zamora? You are so fortunate you really don't need anything else, but can have The Sword Coast. Pellinor and Triumvia. Mythgar and Untamed. Crown and Nyvaria.

I was not against it either.  I just did not like 48 hours.  Make these 72 as it's as time demanding as three normal games.
I also agree with Painted.  Gosh did I really say that?
The regions need to be paired.  Not Crown and Nyvaria though!  They go together as well as peanut butter and marmalade which is to say not at all!

Wink 
Good. So all we need are 6 players. I suppose that whatever pair is selected by a player is done in random order to make everything fair?

That would be a good idea. Thanks. I do love this game format.

(06-02-2021, 07:26 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: I was not against it either.  I just did not like 48 hours.  Make these 72 as it's as time demanding as three normal games.
I also agree with Painted.  Gosh did I really say that?
The regions need to be paired.  Not Crown and Nyvaria though!  They go together as well as peanut butter and marmalade which is to say not at all!

My fault. I meant Diamond and Nyvaria.

So I'd propose these pairings:
1) Crown/Darkover
2) Krynn/Zanthia
3) Zamora/Sword
4) Mythgar/Untamed
5) Triumvia/Pellinor
6) Diamond/Nyvaria

I'd be down for this if I had a game or two wind up in time.

Thanks Painted for doing this.