Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5531 Rex by DU turn 39- write up to follow
(04-01-2021, 05:35 AM)Lord Garth Wrote: 4th place by 344 points!!   Argghh!!

Congrats, Pine Needle on a decisive win.  This was my first game back since the 2nd cycle, or about the early 90's.  And of course I wind up going up against some Status Point leader on my first time out.  (I'm looking at you, Painted!)  I think I did alright and held my own, but alot of it was luck because I made a Ton of mistakes.  

Food is useful now.  Who knew?  Forged weapons, never got em.  The political system works different.  Arghh!  Overall, the upgrades made for Maelstrom seem overwhelmingly positive.   New orders, like making buildings and fortifications!  That's huge. Better military transfer orders that make things Way easier.   New kingdoms!  There is a Pirate and Atlantians and a halfling kingdom that seems actually functional and competitive.  New spells like Dire Wolf, Nazgul, Kraken, and Crack the Sky.  (never got that one) and some missing spells.  Where did Locate character or group go?   Also, I wish I figured out what Eagle familiar did earlier.  

Sure I'm a bit nostalgic for Torvale and Giants but the new map is good too and I'm looking forward to new kingdoms.  One thing I miss is the kingdom troop composition on your setup.  ( oh i got 400 archers!  Damn 300 are skirmishers.  Oh I got 100 guards infantry!)   I would also highly recommend a centralized place to get info.  Going to 3rd cycle rules to do your orders, then checking with 2 sets of updates and then the forums is damn frustrating for a 'new' player.  I'm sure the vets have no problem but User Friendly is always a good thing.

And Painted?  So you know, I had a "3BL killer" group built but could never peg where you were going.  I finally guessed right at DR ..... but inputted the order wrong and wound up in the wild.   Damn shame.  The battle would have been fantastic.

Congrats again, Pine.  And thanks for the game, guys.  I'll see you out there soon.

I would also highly recommend a centralized place to get info. Going to 3rd cycle rules to do your orders, then checking with 2 sets of updates and then the forums is damn frustrating for a 'new' player. I'm sure the vets have no problem but User Friendly is always a good thing.

This is something thats definitely needed to have a large player base. The vast majority  of new players will not go through this hassle. We have been telling management  this for years. However they are in denial and don't seem concerned. 

You did great for a returning 2nd  cycle  player. 

Another great win, Pine needle. 

Pine, I had to do something about the 3BL. It was killing me. I could imagine my RA king screaming from his throne for that Warlord's head!

I honestly don't know if I would have beaten it. Our leaders were about the same, he had the edge in elite/vet training and certainly morale. I had the edge in numbers and wizards and probably had a couple more artifacts. It didn't matter though. I figured if we wiped each other out I'd take it since the RA can probably rebuild it's military faster and the BL can only get 3 companions a turn.

(04-02-2021, 12:29 AM)Lord Garth Wrote: Pine, I had to do something about the 3BL.  It was killing me.  I could imagine my RA king screaming from his throne for that Warlord's head!

I honestly don't know if I would have beaten it.  Our leaders were about the same, he had the edge in elite/vet training and certainly morale.  I had the edge in numbers and wizards and probably had a couple more artifacts.   It didn't matter though.  I figured if we wiped each other out I'd take it since the RA can probably rebuild it's military faster and the BL can only get 3 companions a turn.

You did spank the group you caught in the woods with its scales down, if that's any consolation. Angry  But I put the lone surviving (and exceedingly unhappy) brigade into the 3BL.

I kept waiting for you to show up at my capital.

(04-01-2021, 11:54 PM)RELLGAR Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 05:35 AM)Lord Garth Wrote: 4th place by 344 points!!   Argghh!!

Congrats, Pine Needle on a decisive win.  This was my first game back since the 2nd cycle, or about the early 90's.  And of course I wind up going up against some Status Point leader on my first time out.  (I'm looking at you, Painted!)  I think I did alright and held my own, but alot of it was luck because I made a Ton of mistakes.  

Food is useful now.  Who knew?  Forged weapons, never got em.  The political system works different.  Arghh!  Overall, the upgrades made for Maelstrom seem overwhelmingly positive.   New orders, like making buildings and fortifications!  That's huge. Better military transfer orders that make things Way easier.   New kingdoms!  There is a Pirate and Atlantians and a halfling kingdom that seems actually functional and competitive.  New spells like Dire Wolf, Nazgul, Kraken, and Crack the Sky.  (never got that one) and some missing spells.  Where did Locate character or group go?   Also, I wish I figured out what Eagle familiar did earlier.  

Sure I'm a bit nostalgic for Torvale and Giants but the new map is good too and I'm looking forward to new kingdoms.  One thing I miss is the kingdom troop composition on your setup.  ( oh i got 400 archers!  Damn 300 are skirmishers.  Oh I got 100 guards infantry!)   I would also highly recommend a centralized place to get info.  Going to 3rd cycle rules to do your orders, then checking with 2 sets of updates and then the forums is damn frustrating for a 'new' player.  I'm sure the vets have no problem but User Friendly is always a good thing.

And Painted?  So you know, I had a "3BL killer" group built but could never peg where you were going.  I finally guessed right at DR ..... but inputted the order wrong and wound up in the wild.   Damn shame.  The battle would have been fantastic.

Congrats again, Pine.  And thanks for the game, guys.  I'll see you out there soon.

I would also highly recommend a centralized place to get info. Going to 3rd cycle rules to do your orders, then checking with 2 sets of updates and then the forums is damn frustrating for a 'new' player. I'm sure the vets have no problem but User Friendly is always a good thing.

This is something thats definitely needed to have a large player base. The vast majority  of new players will not go through this hassle. We have been telling management  this for years. However they are in denial and don't seem concerned. 

You did great for a returning 2nd  cycle  player. 

Another great win, Pine needle. 

Thanks Rellgar.

And I'm glad that someone else had an issue with the whole Info Accessibility Situation. I thought it was just me.

I also dug through the forums for player aids but they didn't work, turns out they were out dated, more frustration so I got out my calculator and ..... yeah. No new player is gonna do any of that.

I found an updated aid by mid game but if everything was laid out better in one location my game would have gone so much smoother.

(04-02-2021, 12:37 AM)The Painted Man Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 12:29 AM)Lord Garth Wrote: Pine, I had to do something about the 3BL.  It was killing me.  I could imagine my RA king screaming from his throne for that Warlord's head!

I honestly don't know if I would have beaten it.  Our leaders were about the same, he had the edge in elite/vet training and certainly morale.  I had the edge in numbers and wizards and probably had a couple more artifacts.   It didn't matter though.  I figured if we wiped each other out I'd take it since the RA can probably rebuild it's military faster and the BL can only get 3 companions a turn.

You did spank the group you caught in the woods with its scales down, if that's any consolation. Angry  But I put the lone surviving (and exceedingly unhappy) brigade into the 3BL.

I never found your damn capital! Where was it? I was searching the Untamed lands and kept coming up empty.

I got lucky catching you in the forest. I think you made off with a captain too. I sent an agent to kill him so he couldn't recruit more Wyvern. I think that was the only group to group battle we had.

I agree about the info. It’s like hunt for info... an egg of value! Just in time for Easter. LORD Garth, you could do worse than playing a partner or team game with someone smart like Brek or Rellgar, or someone else like Wookie or Painted Guano.

(04-02-2021, 12:53 AM)Lord Garth Wrote:

I never found your damn capital!  Where was it?  I was searching the Untamed lands and kept coming up empty.

I got lucky catching you in the forest.  I think you made off with a captain too.   I sent an agent to kill him so he couldn't recruit more Wyvern.  I think that was the only group to group battle we had.

My capital? It was 3 squares to the right of yours. I kept waving, but you never once waved back.

(04-02-2021, 01:59 AM)The Painted Man Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 12:53 AM)Lord Garth Wrote:

I never found your damn capital!  Where was it?  I was searching the Untamed lands and kept coming up empty.

I got lucky catching you in the forest.  I think you made off with a captain too.   I sent an agent to kill him so he couldn't recruit more Wyvern.  I think that was the only group to group battle we had.

My capital? It was 3 squares to the right of yours. I kept waving, but you never once waved back.

Are you kidding? AM! (kills a minion in frustration)

I reconned that around 9-10 turns ago. Gr Castle, dirt production. Never found the orders to check it again. But as I said, I made a lot of mistakes.

Oh and sorry about that waving thing. I usually try to not even make eye contact with the neighbors.