Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confederations combatants sign up here
(04-01-2021, 12:17 PM)DuPont Wrote: I don't think he's reluctant, just has to find the time since it's a manual setup.

I do hope you are right as there are players that really like the confederations games.  Here is a comment from Rick after creating the last one:

"I think I my be done setting up custom games after this.  We did have Primeval going to 6 players and 5 regions and as an automated setup on the game creator like Magic and Steel - also Confederations as an option as in auto game creation as it was in The Choosing but those could not be done in the time available for development this time around."

Does anyone know if Primeval got changed is the last upgrades?  That could be an option for 6 players and you just about automatically get 2 regions.

Will Rick, when he gets the setup done, automatically put our info for choices in the Game Creator? Or do we need to do that ourselves. If Rick does it, all we have to do is check our mailboxes and not worry about this website.

(04-01-2021, 11:00 AM)Wookie Panz Wrote: I emailed support yesterday asking Rick or Mike to set up this game.  There has been no reply yet.  I recall that when the last one of these launched Rick seemed reluctant to do any more of this scenario.

You sent the request to signup and not to the support email address so Rick may not have seen it yet. I could manually create this game for everyone if Rick is unable but I have to wait for his permission so let's give him some time. He's the one who creates custom games for the players since it involves accounting and coordinating player's special arrangements so I don't get involved in those requests.

About the Game Queue website, it's fairly complex to code this change for automating Maelstrom custom games so it'll be a manual process for now. As an alternative, if the group want's to play right away, all of you could decide to play a 3rd Cycle Choosing Confederation game instead and then everyone could sign up on the automated Game Queue yourselves without special help.

(04-01-2021, 08:09 PM)unclemike Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 11:00 AM)Wookie Panz Wrote: I emailed support yesterday asking Rick or Mike to set up this game.  There has been no reply yet.  I recall that when the last one of these launched Rick seemed reluctant to do any more of this scenario.

You sent the request to signup and not to the support email address so Rick may not have seen it yet. I could manually create this game for everyone if Rick is unable but I have to wait for his permission so let's give him some time. He's the one who creates custom games for the players since it involves accounting and coordinating player's special arrangements so I don't get involved in those requests.

About the Game Queue website, it's fairly complex to code this change for automating Maelstrom custom games so it'll be a manual process for now. As an alternative, if the group want's to play right away, all of you could decide to play a 3rd Cycle Choosing Confederation game instead and then everyone could sign up on the automated Game Queue yourselves without special help.

Thanks Uncle Mike.  I think most or all of us would like to play Maelstrom and not 3rd cycle so give Rick at least another day to reply?
I thought I emailed support as well.

We can give this a bump every day to let Rick know we are still interested and have a complete crew ready for him to launch a game.

Yes, been away from the forum yesterday.

I will see about setting up this game late this afternoon.

The new

Easter Confederations

has been created. 

Good Hunting!

(04-02-2021, 09:39 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: The new

Easter Confederations

has been created. 

Good Hunting!

Thanks Ry Vor

(04-02-2021, 09:39 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: The new

Easter Confederations

has been created. 

Good Hunting!

Please tell me this new game wasn't just created as #68.

Game #68 is already in Valhalla: finished on March 1, 2021 with Strongwill as the winner playing the Red Dragon and Tyrant.

A new game can't be created with the same number or it will overwrite records in Valhalla. Is that ok? If not then a new Confederation game will need to be created and I'll have to manually clean up the server of this extraneous game 68.

Players do NOT drop out of this game 68 or the automated system will end the game and overwrite the previous 68 before I can manually reset things this weekend...

Do we need to reset?
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde