Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadbeat Player
Wink 
Hi all,
I was in and out of a couple games for awhile and apologize for being uncompetitive.
I had some Gallbladder issue (I thought) that had been going on for probably 2-3 years (progressively worse which is normal for a gallbladder). My parents both had them removed and I had identical signs/symptoms and was in and out of the ER/Hospital and my last stay was about 3 weeks. It turned out to be pancreatic cancer (Steve Jobs, Patrick Swayze, Alex Trebek...) and basically it's bad news. Mine was discovered early (in context) as generally you get diagnosed and have just enough time to go and plan your funeral Smile Mine hasn't metastasized (knock on wood) and I start up chemo on Monday. I'm 49, a young 49, and the plan is 2 months of all out chemo then resection and then 2 more months of all out chemo. 5 year survivability is about 5-8% but I think cause of my age/health I'm a good candidate to be in that category. Anyways, I already got 3 operations in the past 7 weeks and cause of Covid was sort of stuck there in hospital, isolated, and nobody could even bring a computer to me. I feel for these people that are dying in there all alone, it's a shit circumstance... I get a Covid test EVERY TIME I goAngry

I won't be back again for the big operation for 2-3 months or so and chilling out at home till then so I wanted to see if it's possible to comp a game to the people that were in my last one I abruptly dropped (Cimmerians). I will ask Rick if this is possible.
Also, is it possible to run an old school game? Again I'd be happy to comp everyones set-up fee and additional fee if it's difficult to do this?
Meaning the old second cycle. If this is possible I'd be happy to cover the cost of making it possible.
I have issues but the money isn't one.

I'll be getting nuked with chemo but should be lucid enough to play.

I'm sorry if this is TMI but not afraid to keep it real and I'm a pragmatic guy. This is something you'd be prepared to happen in your 60's or later and I get asked constantly "Do you smoke?" "Do you drink?" and I never did anything like that and you just never know... If you saw me walking around you'd think I was in really good health and that's sort of how people can be in denial (I guess) like I was and thinking it must just be a galbladder needing to be popped out type of issue.

So, I will email Rick here and get accounts and $$ sorted out hopefully in a few days and possible figure out how to comp a game or two.

Don't worry about the money or the games. Just take care of yourself.

(11-21-2020, 11:09 PM)Diamond Cutter Wrote: Hi all,
I was in and out of a couple games for awhile and apologize for being uncompetitive.
I had some Gallbladder issue (I thought) that had been going on for probably 2-3 years (progressively worse which is normal for a gallbladder). My parents both had them removed and I had identical signs/symptoms and was in and out of the ER/Hospital and my last stay was about 3 weeks. It turned out to be pancreatic cancer (Steve Jobs, Patrick Swayze, Alex Trebek...) and basically it's bad news. Mine was discovered early (in context) as generally you get diagnosed and have just enough time to go and plan your funeral  Smile  Mine hasn't metastasized (knock on wood) and I start up chemo on Monday. I'm 49, a young 49, and the plan is 2 months of all out chemo then resection and then 2 more months of all out chemo. 5 year survivability is about 5-8% but I think cause of my age/health I'm a good candidate to be in that category. Anyways, I already got 3 operations in the past 7 weeks and cause of Covid was sort of stuck there in hospital, isolated, and nobody could even bring a computer to me. I feel for these people that are dying in there all alone, it's a shit circumstance... I get a Covid test EVERY TIME I goAngry

I won't be back again for the big operation for 2-3 months or so and chilling out at home till then so I wanted to see if it's possible to comp a game to the people that were in my last one I abruptly dropped (Cimmerians). I will ask Rick if this is possible.
Also, is it possible to run an old school game? Again I'd be happy to comp everyones set-up fee and additional fee if it's difficult to do this?
Meaning the old second cycle. If this is possible I'd be happy to cover the cost of making it possible.
I have issues but the money isn't one.

I'll be getting nuked with chemo but should be lucid enough to play.

I'm sorry if this is TMI but not afraid to keep it real and I'm a pragmatic guy. This is something you'd be prepared to happen in your 60's or later and I get asked constantly "Do you smoke?" "Do you drink?" and I never did anything like that and you just never know... If you saw me walking around you'd think I was in really good health and that's sort of how people can be in denial (I guess) like I was and thinking it must just be a galbladder needing to be popped out type of issue.

So, I will email Rick here and get accounts and $$ sorted out hopefully in a few days and possible figure out how to comp a game or two.
If there is anything I can do to help just drop me a private massage and we can email.  I just passed my 5 year mark after having my bladder and prostate removed so I have a little idea of how stressful it can be.  My thoughts are with you Diamond Cutter.

No, not TMI Diamond Cutter.  Thanks for letting us know and our thoughts are with you.   That's a sh**y hand you drew.  And as to being alone in the hospital during the Corona mandates, it is something I think does not get nearly enough attention how all other aspects of health including mental health are essentially ignored as the media gets more eyeballs by keeping everyone very afraid. If you are under 70, you probably have a better chance of being killed driving to the airport than by the virus.

I am right at my 5 year anniversary from prostate cancer, but even though it resulted in a prostatectomy, I never really thought of myself as a cancer survivor as I had no symptoms and kind of knew it was coming as all our males have gotten it, and the two no longer with us (Dad and Phil) both had it metastasize to bone cancer which is an awful fate. 

No need to pay for anyone's setups.  As to 2nd Cycle, yes, it is still available in the current Game Creator, but will be gone likely in January (for games starting then), as even 3rd Cycle The Choosing is no longer requested in favor of Maelstrom.  But yes, if there are 12 players feeling nostalgic, the game creator and order checker can handle a 2nd Cycle game for the next couple months.  Just don't ask me to create a rule book for 2nd Cycle.   Tongue 

I think you are right, Kev - my money is on you beating this thing based on the factors you mentioned.  Win.

Good luck Diamond, and ignore the numbers.  Actually you wont need luck, being young and healthy, I'm sure you're up around 100%.

Thanks for the nice responses! I'm excited to do some gaming.

In creating Thanksgiving Steel on the Game Queue, I noticed 2nd Cycle is presently disabled.

I will check with Mike to see if that is just flipping a switch to make it available or if more work is involved.

(11-23-2020, 12:47 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: In creating Thanksgiving Steel on the Game Queue, I noticed 2nd Cycle is presently disabled.

I will check with Mike to see if that is just flipping a switch to make it available or if more work is involved.

Unfortunately, there can be no 2nd Cycle game.  When IBM forced a conversion to a different server, 2nd Cycle files were corrupted.  Farewell, 2nd Cycle.

Diamond Cutter, I see you are in the queue for Thanksgiving Steel.  That's good.

I'm out of town Tue - Sat.  If Thanksgiving Steel fills, someone can start a thread for another game.

2nd Cycle had to die so that I could live!
-- Is the game totally lost? I mean the code for it.
Yeah, it will be great to have a new game going for Thanksgiving.

(11-24-2020, 05:41 PM)Diamond Cutter Wrote: 2nd Cycle had to die so that I could live!
-- Is the game totally lost? I mean the code for it.
Yeah, it will be great to have a new game going for Thanksgiving.

Smile    Smile A good deal.

2nd Cycle could be restored with a month's worth of programming.

Thanksgiving Steel presently is drafting so should start today and new players, the guys generally like to go fast in both the early turns, and over a four day holiday weekend.