Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Possible Issue
So I had something happen in a recent game which brought up one issue and, in fact, really gets into something I think is an ongoing problem. First the cause - I accidentally over-recruited a pop center and turned it neutral. The reason was because I had put on a standing order to recruit, forgot it and then issued two other recruit orders. Totally my fault, of course, but I would like to request if maybe there can be a warning at the bottom of the turn submitter if somebody is doing this? I'm sure it's rare - I automatically only would ever recruit 2 bridges and, in fact, forgot that you actually COULD get three, but that it would trigger the town to turn neutral.
But the bigger problem is that there is a legendary castle on this place and so it cannot be taken back. Oh, in the end game, somebody with a supergroup will take it of course, but for now, it's out of play. I have seen this happen when people drop and towns and cities become off-limits as they turn human but have walls of steel.
My suggestion is that while controlled pop centers should be immune to being taken by emissaries, those that are neutral or human SHOULD be able to be taken that way, though you'd need to overcome a decent bonus. I think that would fix something that I do consider to be an accidental side-effect of the greater and legendary castles. What does everybody else think?

Sounds reasonable. I love that Alamaze has multiple ways to strengthen your kingdom and am saddened that as soon as it is a Great Castle, you now have to be military. In one game, I was invaded, generally fought off the military kingdom, but he did hold one town for 2 turns and put a greater castle there. Untouchable for me for quite a while. Seems odd. I think castles and such should make it harder, but not impossible to take politically. And easier yet if Human controlled or even neutral.

I have a similar situation in a game where I was attacked early and lost a  capital.  After very many turns of hit and run attacks by me my attacker quit but left a legendary castle on my former capital and now it is unlikely I can get control of the region by games end but I have Princes with nothing to do.

Yes, I know, I myself am not happy with the current state of PC Improvements, I actually have written about this several times.

I have a loose relationship with Mike, my developer, and he has to be interested to stop his other stuff and attend to Alamaze, and he has said he wants  to do a major build if he is to turn his attention this way, while I would be happy to just do the obvious stuff and attend to the more grandiose stuff later.  Meanwhile, it is on me: I have not given Mike anything to either say yea or nay to. 

I do think the PC Improvements were a big change for Alamaze, but there are several that aren't working as intended.  They still work, no mistake, but as in this thread, their are some things that should change.  With the next update, I don't think great castles will be immune to political activity.

Perhaps give them some resistance like 3x as hard for greater castle and 6 or 8x for legendary. So not likely but still something to worry about

I agree with Draugr.

(06-16-2020, 04:21 PM)Draugr Wrote: Perhaps give them some resistance like 3x as hard for greater castle and 6 or 8x for legendary.  So not likely but still something to worry about

That would take like Two Princes.

Princes, Princes who adore you

Just go ahead, now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdy_rct6uo

(06-16-2020, 06:04 PM)Pine Needle Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 04:21 PM)Draugr Wrote: Perhaps give them some resistance like 3x as hard for greater castle and 6 or 8x for legendary.  So not likely but still something to worry about

Just go ahead, now

Or... just one Prince... if the Prince is Prince!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V-vcXOpG9g

Seriously though I kind of like it the way it is.  To make it possible to take a great castle politically, no matter how difficult you make it, you just set up a situation were someone can send in like 10 barons all 315 since it stacks now.

You could just eliminate legendary castles, or make it so that if you own one legendary, you cant build another one.

(06-16-2020, 06:18 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 06:04 PM)Pine Needle Wrote:

Just go ahead, now

Or... just one Prince... if the Prince is Prince!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V-vcXOpG9g
Prince comes with a permanent ward spell as he can't be slept!