Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lurking in the Weeeds Steel
Lurking in the Weeds Steel

Why the game name, Lurking in the Weeds? We have many players who have established an account but have not yet joined a full game. We are hoping they take this chance to start for real in Alamaze now.

New players get the Chivalry bonus: 25,000 extra starting gold.  Set expectations appropriately: you are not likely to win your first Alamaze game, anymore than you would expect to beat Bobby Fischer having just learned the rules to chess.  It's going to be a learning curve, but you have to get in the pool as they used to say in order to learn how to swim.

Hoping to get those potential players to join here, but anyone can join. As usual, take your draft position first, then we start the draft for region and kingdom. This will be a full diplomacy, 72 hour turn-cycle game. Come on in, the water's fine.

I'll Join, and take a a draft spot when newer plaers have joined

I'll throw my hat in the ring for spot 3.

I won my first game.

In.

Not so good since- I think the kid gloves were on. Draft spot 1. Oh yeah....

(06-10-2020, 03:01 AM)Pine Needle Wrote: I won my first game.

In.

Was it the tutorial?   Tongue

(06-10-2020, 12:13 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:

In.

He took advantage of the massive cries of outrage against the Halfling war machine... and also played pretty brilliant overall.

(06-10-2020, 08:58 PM)The Painted Man Wrote:

In.

He took advantage of the massive cries of outrage against the Halfling war machine... and also played pretty brilliant overall.

Alrighty then.   As a bonus, I include this in these trying times:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNc9phYujWY

(06-10-2020, 08:58 PM)The Painted Man Wrote:

In.

Brilliant? Aw shucks. My mom called me that. Also my sister, and my wife. No- they're all different people you sickos.

I will take position 6.
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

This game has stalled with 4 sign-ups. I am interested in a new game but hesitated on this one as it seems aimed at newbies first. Perhaps others hesitated for the same reason?