Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spells question
108 valor
If i am casting against a pop, leave it blank?  
Last turn i cast it, and the order i issued was “108 wizard name  4AN”. Does that mean i cast it against myself instead of the pop?

You want it to boost the valor of the group you are fighting with, so cast it on the group fighting. Smile if you could cast it on the pop the pops valor would be boosted against u? Smile

you cast spells vs who you are fighting. even if it is valor. If your attacking a PC then select vs PC. if you fighting another group you would select that group ID. it still casts the spell to benefit your group the selected group or PC is really just to indicate which battle your using the spell in. I would guess it does nothing if you cast vs your self, though some spells at least used to be able to target your own group. I do remember DuPont summoning death on himself.

Also check the order entry website's validation report. It should state what particular target you are casting your spell against. So if you accidentally chose the wrong target (pc, enemy group, yourself), you should see a readout of the effect in the validation text. That's how I double check my own actions for the turn.

(06-09-2020, 05:41 PM)unclemike Wrote: Also check the order entry website's validation report. It should state what particular target you are casting your spell against. So if you accidentally chose the wrong target (pc, enemy group, yourself), you should see a readout of the effect in the validation text. That's how I double check my own actions for the turn.

Thanks all.  Have a great day you guys are awesome

(06-09-2020, 06:23 PM)uncledarkseid Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 05:41 PM)unclemike Wrote: Also check the order entry website's validation report. It should state what particular target you are casting your spell against. So if you accidentally chose the wrong target (pc, enemy group, yourself), you should see a readout of the effect in the validation text. That's how I double check my own actions for the turn.

no u r

(06-10-2020, 03:04 AM)Pine Needle Wrote:

no u r

No u.

(06-10-2020, 02:51 PM)The Painted Man Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 03:04 AM)Pine Needle Wrote:

no u r

No u.

Is it more valuable to cast wind storm or crack the sky against a pop? Legendary castle.

(06-15-2020, 02:24 AM)uncledarkseid Wrote: Is it more valuable to cast wind storm or crack the sky against a pop?  Legendary castle.

that would depend on population center defense and army strength taking it.   I would say in general windstorm has biggest effect because it seems to half the required amount to take a PC.    but vs a smaller PC the 25% fear and tornado could overcome the defense by itself, as long as the group can get past the missile phase.

the real trick right now until it is changed, is to use fear and crack the sky at the same time along with windstorm.  this combo can take down most any thing.