Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Healing
With the healing spell, 815, you can heal either 1 or two groups and the first group heals 15% and the second one 9%.  The priestess heal is similar and heals the first group to 10% and the second to 6%.
It seems to me that if the healer devoted all of his attention to healing just 1 group it should heal at a faster rate than if he/she is healing two groups.  There are choices in the order menu for both the 815 and 793 orders to heal either 1 or two groups but each choice treats the 1st group the same.
How about making the heal 1 group option more advantaged for the group.  Let's say heal 1 group and they heal at 22%.  Heal 2 groups and they heal at 15 and 9 respectively as is currently the case.

(05-09-2020, 10:04 AM)Wookie Panz Wrote: With the healing spell, 815, you can heal either 1 or two groups and the first group heals 15% and the second one 9%.  The priestess heal is similar and heals the first group to 10% and the second to 6%.
It seems to me that if the healer devoted all of his attention to healing just 1 group it should heal at a faster rate than if he/she is healing two groups.  There are choices in the order menu for both the 815 and 793 orders to heal either 1 or two groups but each choice treats the 1st group the same.
How about making the heal 1 group option more advantaged for the group.  Let's say heal 1 group and they heal at 22%.  Heal 2 groups and they heal at 15 and 9 respectively as is currently the case.

Good point.  As excuse, you can probably imagine how difficult it is to get all the Alamaze concepts down to writing and formula, and then that being interpreted by the developer.  So sometimes I think, that's not what I meant, but usually it works out ok.  Also I want Mike to feel this is also his game: he doesn't get paid nearly enough so it has to be passion.

(05-09-2020, 10:04 AM)Wookie Panz Wrote: With the healing spell, 815, you can heal either 1 or two groups and the first group heals 15% and the second one 9%.  The priestess heal is similar and heals the first group to 10% and the second to 6%.

It seems a little buggy, because you can't put the first group in as the second group. No big deal, but a small glitch.
Not sure about the relative value of the spell. Need to have more situations. I bet it turns out to be extremely relatively valuable w/r/t veteran+ groups. (Thank you, Captain Obvious.)
As an aside, I wonder what people think about reorganize. It seems to me its really valuable with a cheap brigade providing "healing" to the group's best bridades, and you save on gold/food.

Another healing thing that could be tweaked is the priestess heal requirement that the unit be in the same region as the priestess regardless of distance.  Your group could be right next to the priestess but in a different region and she cannot heal the troops.  Should region matter if she is in range?