Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5434 Ballz of Steel
I know nothing of New Zealand strippers, but I am aware that 'Thunder from Down Under' are a group of Australian male strippers. Mostly because I was with some friends in Las Vegas a few years ago and one two of my companions were a female and a friend who happens to be bi and they tried to talk me into going to see their show. We wound up going to the Blue Man Group instead but it made me think of all the times I had enthusiastically ordered the 'Chocolate thunder from down under' dessert at the Outback Steakhouse, having no idea of the origin of the name.

(04-12-2020, 05:42 AM)DuPont Wrote: I know nothing of New Zealand strippers, but I am aware that 'Thunder from Down Under' are a group of Australian male strippers. Mostly because I was with some friends in Las Vegas a few years ago and one two of my companions were a female and a friend who happens to be bi and they tried to talk me into going to see their show. We wound up going to the Blue Man Group instead but it made me think of all the times I had enthusiastically ordered the 'Chocolate thunder from down under' dessert at the Outback Steakhouse, having no idea of the origin of the name.

You're a southern hemisphere guy, aren't ya?  You probably had your suspicions.

(04-12-2020, 08:02 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: You're a southern hemisphere guy, aren't ya?  You probably had your suspicions.
26° 30'N, 77° 00'W - strictly speaking, not even in the tropics. Officially subtropical and certainly in the Northern Hemisphere. But you can just barely see the Southern Cross from there at the right time of the night and year.

(04-12-2020, 11:56 PM)DuPont Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 08:02 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: You're a southern hemisphere guy, aren't ya?  You probably had your suspicions.
26° 30'N, 77° 00'W - strictly speaking, not even in the tropics. Officially subtropical and certainly in the Northern Hemisphere. But you can just barely see the Southern Cross from there at the right time of the night and year.

Well, that's cool, especially today.

I was just thinking though, for demographic penetration of Alamaze, if you would just say you are from the southern hemisphere.  I mean it's a whole new hemisphere.  There might be another 100 players there. 

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday.

(04-13-2020, 01:52 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: I was just thinking though, for demographic penetration of Alamaze, if you would just say you are from the southern hemisphere.  I mean it's a whole new hemisphere.  There might be another 100 players there. 

This had to be the strangest Easter ever.

(04-13-2020, 10:56 AM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 01:52 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: I was just thinking though, for demographic penetration of Alamaze, if you would just say you are from the southern hemisphere.  I mean it's a whole new hemisphere.  There might be another 100 players there. 

This had to be the strangest Easter ever.

Maybe the first one....

DA -> GN  Greetings Master Gnome, We Feel It Prudent To Inform You Of Our Presence In Your Realm, As You Will No Doubt Be Receiving Reports From The Local Farmers. The Normally Reclusive Dark Elves Are Merely Recruiting The Beasts of Your Lands, And Have No Ill Intentions.  This Season Will Pass With Peace Between Us, Should It Be Your Wish.

DA -> ALL  For The Safety And Wellbeing Of Its Constituents, The Imperium Would Be Interested In Purchasing 30,000 Food From Any Kingdom Which Finds Itself In Excess.  We Will Pay 20,000 gold.

IL - All
It seems the seasons of silence are finally over.  Us peaceful masters of illusion merely wish to live in peace and create even more illusions in the area of sword coast.

IL - UN
Sir you have no doubt seen our lovely town in our area.  We have become quite attached to it and wonder if we might make you an offer to buy it from you.  What we propose is to give you a village in terrain of the same type in the Sword Coast.  Of course a village for a town is a one sided deal so we would throw in 2 bounty spells in Pelinor to be delivered by turn 10.  Should any spell attempts fail we would continue to cast until they are successful.
Please consider this as we would like to stay and improve the town.  Should we not be able to make a deal We will withdraw our folks this turn and levy additional taxes on the poor folks the following turn.

IL - DW
Master Dwarf.  We have left your handsome town alone to this point as a show of respect to the neighbors of the mountains.  We will send an emissary there this turn unless you care to negotiate another arrangement. 

IL - AT
Greetings Capt'n.  We have removed the Emissary from our village and understand you have just moved one there to take control.  We do still have a very low level agent there and should he become your guest we would like him returned at some time in the future for a minimum amount, say 1 gold?  No rush.  We hope our merchants can continue to sail peacefully on the seas near our outpost.