Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ten Commandments
The Ten Commandments   -or-  a bunch of things, some of which you should actually do because it makes good tactical sense.

1. I am Alamaze, thy Game, and thou shalt not play other games until thou hast pressed the ready button.
2. Thou shalt not make for yourself a Legendary Castle on Stormgate.
3. Thou shalt not use Rellgars name in vain, despite his obvious difficulty adhering to the next commandment.
4. Remember the due date, keep it holy. Press the ready button in a timely manner.
5. Honor thy ESO, that your blessings be amplified between turns 10 and 15.
6. Thou shalt not murder the peace-loving halflings, unless they come for you first.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery by shifting alliances.
8. Thou shalt not steal from remote PCs, implicating thy neighbors.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbors, when they correctly suspect you of doing something sneaky.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors unusual sightings.

Tried to make most of them sound like the actual commandments... but it may have been funnier if I didn't do it that way... What are some actual Alamaze commandments?

Here is one I need to remember:

Thou shalt not press the ready button until thou hast checked thine orders twice.

#6 is dead on.

Obviously the earlier was written by Halflings.  For the rest of us:

1.  Crush thy enemies and hear the lamentations of their women;
2.  Know the Secret of Steel;
3.  Build thine economy early and forcefully;
4.  Always use all orders and even the last issued should be a hard decision;
5.  Recon a lot more than you think you need to;
6.  Pay attention to current events - thar be opportunity past the mist;
7.  Obtain thy ESO on turn 10 and use the advantages;
8.  Neglect not thy Scrying Mirror and Palantirs;
9.  Gain territory with towns, but hurt thine enemy by taking his villages;
10.  Capture your third and fourth regions simultaneously.

(03-24-2020, 10:32 PM)Airetar Wrote: Obviously the earlier was written by Halflings.  For the rest of us:

10.  Capture your third and fourth regions simultaneously.

This reminds me of my personal mantra to only date supermodels.