Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primeval Game
Couple questions:
1.  Which map and rules does it use?
2.  Can the game be extended to more than 24 turns ?
3. Can we simply get 5 people together and get it started?
4. Would people be interested in a faster turn 48hr turn around.

My thought is 5 people all out war no permanent allies full communication / boasting bluffing whatever. Use the snake format for picking BUT randomize the order of the first pick.
Would anyone be interested and second can it be done ?

we played a primeval game and it just did not work well using 5 players. the trouble is 13 regions with 5 players only needing 4 regions to win. 24 turns is the limit and is plenty of time really.

I would be interested if we do 6 players and pay the extra amount to have Rick create the game. I think we can even go 5 regions to win as well.

48hr turn around should be fine.

6 players works for me, just know the default was set to 5.
5 regions to win (I see a pig pile coming - but a lot of fun)
Don't mind paying the extra money for setup.
48 hr turn around
Randomized starting draft poitions, then snake after that.
All out war no permanent allies full communication / boasting bluffing whatever. Use the snake format for picking BUT randomize the order of the first pick.
(Fell free cleanup my post, if my spectacular spelling and formatting offend your OCD Smile

Post if this would interest you.

1. Brek
2. Draugr (I think your was a yes)

In. Possibly as HA.

Some observations from the last time we tried this:

Several kingdoms seemed to have a really big advantage is this fast moving game.  DE with the gating ability and both dragons with flight just covered ground so quickly that they seemed to have quite an edge.  Maybe consider taking them out of the choices list for this game?  It's nearly automatic that you get 2 regions to work with so with all of those resources the game moves quickly.  Maybe too quickly for all of those legendary castles?Smile

If I were not so busy I would be glad to jump on the train to primeval.  Its one of my favorite games.

(01-21-2020, 07:50 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: Some observations from the last time we tried this:

Several kingdoms seemed to have a really big advantage is this fast moving game.  DE with the gating ability and both dragons with flight just covered ground so quickly that they seemed to have quite an edge.  Maybe consider taking them out of the choices list for this game?  It's nearly automatic that you get 2 regions to work with so with all of those resources the game moves quickly.  Maybe too quickly for all of those legendary castles?Smile

If I were not so busy I would be glad to jump on the train to primeval.  Its one of my favorite games.

I have no experience in the format, so my opinion comes from a lack of experience but I will give my 2 cents anyway because that is just how I am.
People in this game is pretty damn cool, BUT many take attacks way to personal, and it hinders a game. 
In Wookie's example someone takes the RD, well guess what you just put a huge target on your head and people should gun for you, not be worried about it turning into a 3 on one and wait while you smooth roll the game.  Again throw out idea if a couple kingdoms are way to powerful, lets pull them, again I'd like to play something a little "bigger" but obviously it has to be fun.  Or simply scrap the idea, just working to scratch my itch Smile

6 players works for me, just know the default was set to 5.
5 regions to win (I see a pig pile coming - but a lot of fun)
Don't mind paying the extra money for setup.
48 hr turn around
Randomized starting draft poitions, then snake after that.
All out war no permanent allies full communication / boasting bluffing whatever. Use the snake format for picking BUT randomize the order of the first pick.
(Fell free cleanup my post, if my spectacular spelling and formatting offend your OCD Smile

Kingdoms not available: (think of others)
RD
BL
AM
DE

Post if this would interest you.

1. Brek

Painted is in as well

I'll play in this
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

1. Brek