Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DU in sword coast
I have noticed the DU kingdom not being able to userp or rebel pcs when in the sword coast.  I failed with a Duke n count on a minor city. A governor  failed to userp  a neutral  town.
(12-27-2019, 03:37 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: I have noticed the DU kingdom not being able to userp or rebel pcs when in the sword coast.  I failed with a Duke n count on a minor city. A governor  failed to userp  a neutral  town.

Chart gives you a maybe at influence 11 for a minor city, duke and count... Was your influence was higher than that?  Governor is fail on towns until high influence, even neutral... if I am using the chart correctly.
(12-27-2019, 04:32 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 03:37 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: I have noticed the DU kingdom not being able to userp or rebel pcs when in the sword coast.  I failed with a Duke n count on a minor city. A governor  failed to userp  a neutral  town.

Chart gives you a maybe at influence 11 for a minor city, duke and count... Was your influence was higher than that?  Governor is fail on towns until high influence, even neutral... if I am using the chart correctly.

Ahhhh young Jeti master.

It looks as if the student has surpassed the teacher?     Hehehe
(12-27-2019, 06:52 PM)PTRILEY Wrote:

Ahhhh young Jeti master.

Actually this technical stuff has been the same for 30 years back when it was a paper chart, that makes me Yoda Wink   I always check the chart, never leave it to chance.
(12-27-2019, 07:19 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 06:52 PM)PTRILEY Wrote:

Ahhhh young Jeti master.

Actually this technical stuff has been the same for 30 years back when it was a paper chart, that makes me Yoda Wink   I always check the chart, never leave it to chance.
If it makes you feel any better I had the same problem with DU in Sword Coast.
Well, this is pretty strange.  I'm pretty sure Rellgar knows what he is doing, but there is certainly nothing in the design to that effect, and I think Mike's code is about perfect. 

We'll have to see if Mike can comment here, but it may have to be revealed here other specifics like Rellgar's influence and of course, the other side of the equation is both intrinsic and explicit maintain status quo from all sources.  For example, there could be a disguised noble maintaining status quo - that assuming Rellgar had reconned the city for any undisguised noble and his actions.

Basically, 10 times out of 10, we spend time (money for me) looking into reported problems and it is player error.  But we shall see....
Most likely it is a player error. But we have no official player aid like we did for 3rd cycle I would say it is not a player error. The person responsible for the player aid was told his services were no longer required yet here we are requiring a player aid.
I have every confidence in Rellgar that this minor setback will be of no importance, and he will rise to take a strong and early lead in this game.  He will continue to soldier on and Press The Ready Button in a timely manner! Tongue
Of course  I hit the ready button early. I think an accurate  player said would be great.
No outside influences.  I think it's the low starting influence  of the DU, combined with the inaccurate player aid ( no fault of who created it). It appears to be most inaccurate at the lower influence levels.

I think it best to take DU in a region that gives an influence  bonus to prevent a slow start.