Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the Turn 0 examples for all kingdoms?
(11-27-2019, 04:39 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Which game site is it I should reference that has more posted material or online support than Alamaze?

None, once this one is updated and revised, it will be the best there is..
Rick,

I don't think anyone is attacking Alamaze or the work you and Uncle Mike put in. Don't get defensive and take things personally. You have players that want to help other players pick up an amazing game. One of the things that is discouraging to new players (for me, and those I have tried to get to play) is how difficult it is to find basic information. Having a place to go to see the setups and turn 0 for each kingdom as well as a list of spells and artifacts helps to level the playing field as well as entice the new players to hang around long enough to figure it all out. That is what has been suggested as long as I have been here which is almost a year, and it still isn't done. We have a great location that has the rules, 4th cycle notes, and updates, as well as the player aid, but nowhere can someone find turn zero and setups for each kingdom to see what their strengths and weaknesses are, and nowhere is there a list of spells and artifacts, etc.

Just take this as some of your most experienced players doing their part to make the information more available and more accessable for newer players to pick up the game quicker and realize that we too want to have a larger player base.

None of it is meant in a disparaging way.
Ashgar the Bloodthirsty. 

My blood, your blood, what difference does it make!  

Time will tell.................
(11-27-2019, 08:24 PM)Ashgar75 Wrote: Rick,

I don't think anyone is attacking Alamaze or the work you and Uncle Mike put in.  Don't get defensive and take things personally.  You have players that want to help other players pick up an amazing game.  One of the things that is discouraging to new players (for me, and those I have tried to get to play) is how difficult it is to find basic information.  Having a place to go to see the setups and turn 0 for each kingdom as well as a list of spells and artifacts helps to level the playing field as well as entice the new players to hang around long enough to figure it all out.  That is what has been suggested as long as I have been here which is almost a year, and it still isn't done.  We have a great location that has the rules, 4th cycle notes, and updates, as well as the player aid, but nowhere can someone find turn zero and setups for each kingdom to see what their strengths and weaknesses are, and nowhere is there a list of spells and artifacts, etc.  

Just take this as some of your most experienced players doing their part to make the information more available and more accessable for newer players to pick up the game quicker and realize that we too want to have a larger player base.  

None of it is meant in a disparaging way.

Thank you Ashgar.
All of the input is positive.  I remember so well being a new player and trying to scroll through the rules and commands with the clock ticking and pressure to get the orders done on time.
Had it not been for Ohman sitting by his pc to answer my every question I likely would not have become a regular player.  The programs have come a long way since then and it is easier now but the learning curve is still what is keeping people away in my opinion.  It's good that so many of us are willing to help others to try to grow the player base.
Maybe a volunteer that Rick will allow to help update this site and implement the changes? This in coordination with the new video aids and marketing will be a grand slam!
I could put up more files for turn 0 on the Help Guides page which is where the official Alamaze postings for the game are located but I think Rick wants to instill a sense of mystery and discovery as part of the learning process. However we go from here, I prefer if there was only a single source for players to go for this kind of information. Having links to Facebook, the forum, and other locations will only confuse everyone. All references should point to the Help Guides page because that's the only location that I will update with the latest version of the files. Also, we're looking into enhancing Alamaze to using SSL encryption which will ensure that the files downloaded from the Help Guides page is secure compared to other areas.
Thanks everyone. Awesome response.
Rick- the game is amazingly affordable.
(11-27-2019, 05:37 PM)Strylian Wrote: I am also in the process of making videos of each turn of a game from turn 0. In it I talk about strategy and how to is orders etc... a new player will be able to sit and watch as a game unfolds. I haven’t posted them yet since it is an active game and I don’t want to give away all my secrets yet.

I’ll get my popcorn ready. This sounds great
(11-28-2019, 10:10 AM)Pine Needle Wrote: Thanks everyone. Awesome response.
Rick- the game is amazingly affordable.

here comes the price increase! thanks pineneedle Smile
Thanks People,

We have an amazing, if small community.  Everyone is helpful, and sometimes it might be despite of me.

Right now the really good news is Strylian is going supersonic with his social media stuff.  He can tell you I am mainly trying to stay out of the way.  It's part of the beauty but also the problem that to have YouTube Alamaze tutorials, its like 60 different five minute videos.  So, now you can explain to your wife why you are not quite normal.  Its not me, its that guy who has that game and is always doing stuff. Smile 

Then we have Mike, who without, we wouldn't have Alamaze.  That's about as plain as I can make it.  You remember Alamaze from the submitting paper or Excel forms days.  Look at what Mike has done.

Here we are now in 2019 Thanksgiving Weekend.  Alamaze was a dream in 1985.  How many computer games from the '80's are around today?

Believe me, I take a lot of pride in what we have done, and of course I wish thousands more had found us.  Its never been about the money, though.  Of course I would like Mike to have what he deserves, and Nick may help us make that happen. 

Meanwhile, have you played in Zamora yet?  Or as the Black Dragons, or Halflings?  Have you worked both for and against Alamaze Champions?  More plainly, have you found a better game?
(11-29-2019, 04:24 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Thanks People,

We have an amazing, if small community.  Everyone is helpful, and sometimes it might be despite of me.

Right now the really good news is Strylian is going supersonic with his social media stuff.  He can tell you I am mainly trying to stay out of the way.  It's part of the beauty but also the problem that to have YouTube Alamaze tutorials, its like 60 different five minute videos.  So, now you can explain to your wife why you are not quite normal.  Its not me, its that guy who has that game and is always doing stuff.  Smile 

Then we have Mike, who without, we wouldn't have Alamaze.  That's about as plain as I can make it.  You remember Alamaze from the submitting paper or Excel forms days.  Look at what Mike has done.

Here we are now in 2019 Thanksgiving Weekend.  Alamaze was a dream in 1985.  How many computer games from the '80's are around today?

Believe me, I take a lot of pride in what we have done, and of course I wish thousands more had found us.  Its never been about the money, though.  Of course I would like Mike to have what he deserves, and Nick may help us make that happen. 

Meanwhile, have you played in Zamora yet?  Or as the Black Dragons, or Halflings?  Have you worked both for and against Alamaze Champions?  More plainly, have you found a better game?

I have played the Halflings, in Zamora, against the Black Dragon!

What do I win?