Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the Turn 0 examples for all kingdoms?
I've looked a lot and only found some bad links. Thanks.

P.S. As a returning newbie (from 20+ years ago), the scattered and inconsistent rules information available is quite frustrating.

P.S.S. Still a lot of fun, though.
Yes it is, there seems to be some denial  or disagreement  on this from admin. I just don't  know  why. I really  believe  we have lost a few potential players because  of this. Once they start playing a couple games, I think there hooked. I have 2 players that are holding off playing because they still think Maelstrom  is incomplete and confusing. 

They think there at a disadvantage for not having the resources and rules understanding that other players do.  They not wrong. I think there should be a way for a new player to easily  get the resources and nuances of the game without having  a mentor.  

Perhaps  a link to all kingdoms dossier.  Choose your kingdom! Another link to regions, choose your region! A link to core rules. A link to charts and player aids (updated). A link to all brigades, complete with there costs, recruitment requirements,  traits, etc...
I couldn't agree More Rellgar.

As a (Newish Player), I have not even tried half the other kingdoms. When playing against them, it would be good to know what they look like. It would help newer players get up to speed quicker and even the playing field a little by eliminating some of the ignorance that new players have regarding all the kingdoms.

I don't know why there is opposition to posting Turn 0 Setups.

As a player base, couldn't we all contribute Turn 0 of different kingdoms to make our own section?
Ashgar the Bloodthirsty. 

My blood, your blood, what difference does it make!  

Time will tell.................
I have been saying for years now that we need an index to the rules and commands to make it easier to find things.  An index to spells and spell descriptions would be helpful too.  If Alamaze is to attract new players the very basic stuff needs to be easily available.  Here we are trying to help and I've been saying the same thing for years now.  Anyone listening?  Bueller?  Bueller?
(11-27-2019, 03:03 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: I have been saying for years now that we need an index to the rules and commands to make it easier to find things.  An index to spells and spell descriptions would be helpful too.  If Alamaze is to attract new players the very basic stuff needs to be easily available.  Here we are trying to help and I've been saying the same thing for years now.  Anyone listening?  Bueller?  Bueller?

How about this, If anyone who has played the magic kingdoms to high level that might even have lvl 9 wizards, send me the spells and descriptions portion of their turn results that shows those spells to the highest level.  I will make a list of spells using the Spell order number.  I will make a document and then we can post it and share it.  

I can't do much about the Turn 0 results as I only have a few, but I am willing to share those as well.  

I love how many veterans have been pushing for this, and if I can do this to contribute, then I will gladly do it.
Ashgar the Bloodthirsty. 

My blood, your blood, what difference does it make!  

Time will tell.................
Which game site is it I should reference that has more posted material or online support than Alamaze?
You know we have begun a social media avenue, and will have dozens of YouTube videos to help new players get into Alamaze. 

I don't play the other PBEM games myself: do they have $1 turns?  They seem evasive on that point.  

We are always advancing Alamaze, that's why outside of chess its one of a few games played 35 years after starting.
I posted all the turn 0 turn sheets on the alamaze training vault at the bottom. I also posted a complete spell and artifact list along with Draugr super helpful maelstrom aids excel sheet.

http://www.abanak.com/alamaze_training_vault
Live your life, so that when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief
I am also in the process of making videos of each turn of a game from turn 0. In it I talk about strategy and how to is orders etc... a new player will be able to sit and watch as a game unfolds. I haven’t posted them yet since it is an active game and I don’t want to give away all my secrets yet.
Live your life, so that when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief
(11-27-2019, 05:19 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: You know we have begun a social media avenue, and will have dozens of YouTube videos to help new players get into Alamaze. 
Yes, that's great.

I don't play the other PBEM games myself: do they have $1 turns?  They seem evasive on that point.  
What?

We are always advancing Alamaze, that's why outside of chess its one of a few games played 35 years after starting
. But not in the ways suggested?