Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maelstrom Influence and Emissary Success
I've noticed the order validation program may list a higher influence than 25 which is the max reported in turn results. For example, the order program may list 26.3 whereas the turn results lists 25. Which of the two numbers is used for calculating emissary success?

Also, the 4th cycle release notes shows a status quo bonus. (E.g. +4 for castles.) How is that factored into the chances of emissary success? May I assume that it would be equivalent to a Baron w/ influence 20 and a tolerant reaction maintaining status quo (without any other modifiers)? (E.g. 20 * 0.5 / 2.5 = 4)
(11-20-2019, 04:42 PM)Vulkar Wrote: I've noticed the order validation program may list a higher influence than 25 which is the max reported in turn results. For example, the order program may list 26.3 whereas the turn results lists 25. Which of the two numbers is used for calculating emissary success?

Also, the 4th cycle release notes shows a status quo bonus. (E.g. +4 for castles.) How is that factored into the chances of emissary success? May I assume that it would be  equivalent to a Baron w/ influence 20 and a tolerant reaction maintaining status quo (without any other modifiers)? (E.g. 20 * 0.5 / 2.5 = 4)

25 is the highest you can raise influence through the order or High Council.  Other devices like spells or regional change may alter it.

+4 for Maintain Status Quo is the straight 4 points.  For comparison, a Governor in a Friendly region with a ruler of 10 Influence maintaining status quo would produce:
10 (Influence) x 30% (Governor power) against reaction (Friendly = 1.5) so 2.25.  The castle gives 4
(11-20-2019, 08:54 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 04:42 PM)Vulkar Wrote: I've noticed the order validation program may list a higher influence than 25 which is the max reported in turn results. For example, the order program may list 26.3 whereas the turn results lists 25. Which of the two numbers is used for calculating emissary success?

Also, the 4th cycle release notes shows a status quo bonus. (E.g. +4 for castles.) How is that factored into the chances of emissary success? May I assume that it would be  equivalent to a Baron w/ influence 20 and a tolerant reaction maintaining status quo (without any other modifiers)? (E.g. 20 * 0.5 / 2.5 = 4)

25 is the highest you can raise influence through the order or High Council.  Other devices like spells or regional change may alter it.

+4 for Maintain Status Quo is the straight 4 points.  For comparison, a Governor in a Friendly region with a ruler of 10 Influence maintaining status quo would produce:
10 (Influence) x 30% (Governor power) against reaction (Friendly = 1.5) so 2.25.  The castle gives 4

Yes but is that cumulative with innate and/or an actual emmie status quo?

Apparently - and true to my CPA nature - I was being waaaaaaaaaaaaay conservative on how this works. I was treating it like a governor of whatever kingdom owned it.... So generally well over 4 points. 

Thanks for the clarification Ry Vor, and Vulkar for asking.
(11-20-2019, 08:54 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: 25 is the highest you can raise influence through the order or High Council.  Other devices like spells or regional change may alter it.

Ok, so I can't raise influence above 25 with orders or HC. So suppose I have an influence of 25 and I then build a fortification that gives + influence, or I gain a region, and my influence goes to....my turn sheet says 25, the order validation program says I have 26.

What is my influence for the purposes of calculating emmy success at that point? Is it the 25, or 26?
(11-20-2019, 11:26 PM)The Painted Man Wrote:

Apparently - and true to my CPA nature - I was being waaaaaaaaaaaaay conservative on how this works. I was treating it like a governor of whatever kingdom owned it.... So generally well over 4 points. 

Thanks for the clarification Ry Vor, and Vulkar for asking.
How does PriceWaterhouseCoopers feel about your tats, Painted Man? 

I hope my example was clear.  And I am trying to see if we can integrate a political calculator into the next code update.

Along the lines of the political calculator, PC resistance base is:
Village  1.5
Town    3.0
Minor City   5.0
Major City   6.0

Reaction Levels (multiply PC resistance by Reaction)
Loyal       1.0
Friendly   1.5
Tolerant  2.5
Suspicious  3.5
Hostile      4.5

Don't forget magic and kingdom traits effect outcomes fairly significantly. 

Also a reminder of the fairly new order Stir Unrest.  This happens before Incite Rebellion and Usurp Control and helps both.  It is essentially the opposite of Maintain Status Quo.  The biggest change from 3rd Cycle is probably that Friendly reaction now is 1.5, whereas it had been 1.0 in previous editions.  Also city resistance of 6.0, it was 5.0 in 3rd Cycle.

For practical application, if your kingdom has no political bonuses, so have an influence of 10 or 11, and Enamor on turn 1 to Friendly, even your Duke, Count and Governor acting in concert may not gain control of a major city in one turn. You may have to Incite T2 and Usurp T3.
That's all good info, though I'm still looking for an answer to the influence question.

For calculating emissary success, is 25 my maximum influence?
(11-21-2019, 07:00 PM)Vulkar Wrote: That's all good info, though I'm still looking for an answer to the influence question.

For calculating emissary success, is 25 my maximum influence?

Yes

http://kingdomsofarcania.net/PDFfiles/Ch...erence.pdf