Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alliance of the Holidays
WAR!

Peace.  Probably Not On the Agenda.

We are Allied!  We Shall Prevail!

Alliance is four teams of three kingdoms.  We don't do it that often.  Community long-time members know this is my preferred format and is a fairly intense Alamaze experience, because you are part of a team, so if you played team sports in any sense, in this format you can play and have to, really, as a team.

Four teams of three.  You can sign up as a stag or, and this is important, if you want to play as a friend/ally with someone, this is the format to do it in.  Or sign up with your allies.  Your two team kingdoms will eventually be allied with your team, but as usual, you have to make the declaration to gift, etc. 

This should be the best format but it almost should be restricted to those who do not quit before Turn 12.  This is the thing that has spoiled this format from being the best and closest to the world envisioned in Alamaze. 

Generally a Captain is selected and manages the draft in email or private message with the two teammates.  Again, teams can be formed up front, or be formed later.

The reason this is Yours Truly preferred format is I feel you get a more intense feel when you are tightly coordinating with two teammates, and the Captains generally are renowned Alamaze strategists and everyone, even the Captains learn from something to a lot.  You will be in contact with your two teammates at least once a turn, but in contact with no one else, and this has also been a bone: when it appears a team has communicated with another, so antennas will be up for that.

Anyway, this I feel is the best Alamaze experience and we don't do it often.  Imagine this new level of strategy beyond selecting kingdom and region, to now how the three kingdoms can combine.  The draft is very important.  I encourage you to try it, whether veteran or novice to the Alliance Format. 

So, sign up stag or better, with the players you tend to work with, and see how as an actual Alliance the strategy elevates.

Just post you are in, or call your allies or proclaim your state of intended alliance (temmate) with a player already posting. 

This format generally takes a bit longer to sort out, but again, is a different experience for the first 12 turns and you will almost certainly emerge a better player.
Just to add a thought:  if Strylian really always opposes Brekk, or VBM is always at odds with Draugr, etc, this is an opportunity to play on the same side with your frenemy for once and maybe actually gain a friend, or more typically, to ally officially with someone you seem to usually work not against, if not with.
I'll  captain  if anyone  wants to join me? Or wait and see who gets the short straw.
I have never teamed or grouped with you before I'll join team Rellgar
I'm happy to have you join me, your a brave Soul.  I don't believe  half of what Strylian says about you.
Yeah, the other half is indisputable. 

Come On Folks, especially those that have not done an Alliance (team) game.

You will elevate your game for decades to come.
I can only imagine Smile
(11-19-2019, 08:36 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Just to add a thought:  if Strylian really always opposes Brekk, or VBM is always at odds with Draugr, etc, this is an opportunity to play on the same side with your frenemy for once and maybe actually gain a friend, or more typically, to ally officially with someone you seem to usually work not against, if not with.

I don't want to be Brekk's friend. He is fuggly and his breath smells bad. It is bad enough I am related to him. :-) I will have to skip this one guys. I have too much work to do getting things running on the marketing side. Good luck.
Live your life, so that when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief
I am not available for this one either guys.  It's likely my favorite game type to play so would probably do one after the 1st of the year or so.
Is this thing on?  This is the next game to form, peeps.  Surely you have a new kingdom to rule in mind, and projecting strategy from a new region.  Now you can do it with two teammates to bounce ideas off of.

Let's Get It On.   (Should be a song)