Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maelstrom 2.0 Military Changes
Yes, I am talking with Uncle Mike on timing for the next upgrade.  He is keen for a straight flush, so it may take a bit of time.
(04-02-2020, 11:00 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Yes, I am talking with Uncle Mike on timing for the next upgrade.  He is keen for a straight flush, so it may take a bit of time.

I guess it is a sign of the times that the phrase, straight flush, brings t.p. to mind.   How quickly our thoughts return to our current predicament.

Keep up the fine work Ry Vor and U.M. too.
(04-03-2020, 07:05 AM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 11:00 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Yes, I am talking with Uncle Mike on timing for the next upgrade.  He is keen for a straight flush, so it may take a bit of time.

I guess it is a sign of the times that the phrase, straight flush, brings t.p. to mind.   How quickly our thoughts return to our current predicament.

Keep up the fine work Ry Vor and U.M. too.

Wook, you have your own brand of humor. 

To clarify, Mike has his own stuff going on, and Alamaze development is something that requires a lot of attention, so for Mike, he wants to go big or stay home.  So my job is to wrap things up by the end of April - going bigger than I thought - and then turn it over to Mike.

Just since I am on this topic, various things go on behind the scenes.  For one, we are trying to get our websites to be labeled as secured, so https instead of http so visitors don't see "this site is unsecured" and run away.   We had that IBM hosting issue where we had to act fast to move everything to a different hosted server, and I did consider doing just what other PBM companies do and run Alamaze on my own machine, or a new machine in my house.  But we chose to keep having a hosted server with IBM, and their manager despite causing a bit of panic with the announcement that we had a week to act was pretty helpful getting us through the transition.  Of course, there are other issues related to the business, recently doing the Subchapter S corporate tax return, lately trying to change domain registrars, other stuff. 

We also see we don't retain potential players because they don't register for and use this forum. You may have seen a few attempts by newbs to directly start 12 player games in the game creator, and they die. So we want to change how games are formed and simplify that process.

We hope players will attempt to get friends and acquaintance to experience Alamaze.  In this age of point and click its really hard to get non-PBM players to launch in Alamaze, even with recent efforts from Strylian.  So we kind of need players to mentor new players that they can introduce to what we think is the best strategy game they can play.
The game order input site and the forum need to be one in the same, not separate.
(04-03-2020, 11:06 AM)RELLGAR Wrote: The game order input site and the forum need to be one in the same, not separate.

I don't know how to do that, exactly.  Actually it is quite surprising how many third parties are involved.  But yes, we want to change the Queue and the whole process of the game sign-up to not require forum registration.  Ultimately of course, we want these players to join the forum, but not for the forum to be an obstacle.