Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maelstrom 2.0 Military Changes
It's hard enough to kill wizards without making them invulnerable at P5 and above.
(11-10-2019, 11:03 PM)Eregnon Wrote: It's hard enough to kill wizards without making them invulnerable at P5 and above.

Its not to make them invulnerable, its that they aren't wiped out in a group destroyed result, at P5, which is sort of the next effect above Presence.  They would still have the death chance from combat. 

My impression is players feel the wizard kings have been made too vulnerable, although I think Valhalla shows all kingdom types are about equal, as intended.
I don’t mind the wizards living but would like to see artifacts have a chance to be taken if all troops are destroyed.
I would still like to see a couple of things finished even more than something new.  The new unit types need abilities and the old dispersed types need to have 5 e.s.o. points, not 3.  Can we please do that as we move on to new things?
(11-11-2019, 08:39 AM)Wookie Panz Wrote: I would still like to see a couple of things finished even more than something new.  The new unit types need abilities and the old dispersed types need to have 5 e.s.o. points, not 3.  Can we please do that as we move on to new things?

I concur
(11-11-2019, 09:02 AM)RELLGAR Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 08:39 AM)Wookie Panz Wrote: I would still like to see a couple of things finished even more than something new.  The new unit types need abilities and the old dispersed types need to have 5 e.s.o. points, not 3.  Can we please do that as we move on to new things?

I concur

I concur with this concur.

Absolutely.  Priority one.  

New brigade abilities, new ESO conditions, refine customization, refine Regional Character, 5 regions for Rex, various spell fixes including Wind Storm vs. PC, Speed using actual base rather than flat 20 mp, revamp PC improvements, about 7 new spells, hopefully 3 new kingdoms, a pre-battle phase in battle results to account for things like dispel magic, kill leader or wizard, Wind Storm, Stun.  PC defense rating improved, defense ratings disclosed in results to include static modifiers like leadership and Presence.  

Then the new stuff like new tactics, diversion, Stormgate stronger, other stuff.
it seems council is basically a place to raise your own influence. any thoughts on expanding its role?
maybe you can only raise infl. .5 pt (the richer kingdoms get on early while some others that are dependent on strong early growth cannot afford to spend 30,000 to get on the council).
bid to raise/lower cost to raise power of spellcasters (this would encourage wizards to join the council)
bid to raise/lower agents training cost?

suggestion on windstorm, make it level related, like valor and fear.
level 2 (or whichever level your kingdom has windstorm access) wizard affects 10%
level3 20%
up to the fifty percent at level five or six or seven, dependent on when your kingdom has access to the spell.