Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Perils of Scout
(09-21-2019, 04:56 AM)Calidor Wrote: Just an idea, and likely too significant for this update... but I'd find it interesting if PCs could have heroes.  Perhaps a random mage that lives in the city comes to it's defense.  Something to add some variability and make it a bit less about a spreadsheet.   The higher the population of the PC, the more likely to have 1 or more "heroes".  I also think the original idea was to be able to stage some garrisoned troops around.  I'd like that too.

Perhaps a spell such as Windstorm could be capped?  Maybe something like:

The conjurer calls to the heavens and a gale force wind sweeps across the
     battlefield, disrupting missile phases in that enemy long and short range archery is
     reduced upto 50% (15% at level 3 + 5% per additional level) while friendly is only reduced 12.5%. This spell may be cast against
     population centers.  Windstorm has a damage reduction cap of 2000 per level of the caster

I think the idea of a random PC hero’s is great. There could also be special encounters where you can pick one up. There can be a % chance that one will be in town.
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

(09-21-2019, 10:25 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 10:17 AM)uncledarkseid Wrote: one new Maelstrom handbook please.  like the first cycle, all wrapped up into one.  (minus the manilla envelope)
the rules are all over this board and it takes a long time to find things.  

just the rules and commands.  advice, questions, fun stuff still in the forum.

or a link to this if you have it already

Yep, it's right there on the log in page under Help Guides, or once you are in the Order Entry site you can easily access all materials including 4th Cycle Release Notes, rules, maps, player aids under "3rd Cycle Documents" at the bottom center.

I think what we all mean to say is there are still rules spread out all over and the main link at the top of the forum takes you to a download of second cycle rules.

For new players seeing the obvious link and then finding its a out of date 2nd cycle rule book is very frustrating and a big disappointment. That link can be easily updated and a bit of reorganization would be a big help.