Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pairing Kingdoms and Regions
(09-10-2019, 10:40 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Ack!!

So we need the cube spreadsheet that was coming on about when I was out of there in corporate finance.

OK, so some kingdoms still need champions.  Take up the mantle!  If you dare.

In the Fall, we will want to see Champions of Kingdoms for the determination of who is invited to the 2019 Champion of Alamaze.  

To me, Maelstrom is the most difficult test.  So get yourself to top position in a kingdom.  Total points in Valhalla for a kingdom claims rights for Maelstrom for the kingdom when the time comes.

So if we have someone who picks the same kingdom in every game.  No names mentioned...  verses someone who set a record with the kingdom and only played it once, the one who goes for it all the time gets to play it in the championship if he has the most points?
(09-15-2019, 12:40 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:

So we need the cube spreadsheet that was coming on about when I was out of there in corporate finance.

In the Fall, we will want to see Champions of Kingdoms for the determination of who is invited to the 2019 Champion of Alamaze.  

To me, Maelstrom is the most difficult test.  So get yourself to top position in a kingdom.  Total points in Valhalla for a kingdom claims rights for Maelstrom for the kingdom when the time comes.

So if we have someone who picks the same kingdom in every game.  No names mentioned...  verses someone who set a record with the kingdom and only played it once, the one who goes for it all the time gets to play it in the championship if he has the most points?
No. It starts with champions. So if someone won with the kingdom, they are first. If not, then a second or third place finish. If no podium, then points. And yes, that would then favor someone who played it a lot.
(09-15-2019, 03:44 PM)VballMichael Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 12:40 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:

No. It starts with champions. So if someone won with the kingdom, they are first. If not, then a second or third place finish. If no podium, then points. And yes, that would then favor someone who played it a lot.

Thanks for the explanation sir
Assuming Rick isn't changing it. Total points in Valhalla sounds like you can earn a spot just by playing a lot. I hope we are still starting with winners.
(09-15-2019, 04:14 PM)VballMichael Wrote: Assuming Rick isn't changing it. Total points in Valhalla sounds like you can earn a spot just by playing a lot. I hope we are still starting with winners.

Playing a lot is something worth rewarding,  but I agree winning should trump points.   I would be for any winner in that position could claim the kingdom kind of first come for winners.  I would put other podium in the mix with top points.   The main reason I prefer any winner because although there are drop player type factors someone that really dominates aka Son of Conan RD ends up with less points than someone that squeeks a win out after 30 plus turns or maybe worse does not win at all but plays a full 40 turns and gets a bunch of points.
Yeah. I was in that game. I hate Son of Conan Smile

Anyway, I agree with you. Let's hope Rick is thinking along the same lines.
OK, sorry.  I actually am not partial to any particular method, but I (as purveyor) do appreciate players playing a lot.

If Valhalla podium positions for Maelstrom works, that would seem to be fine.  Meaning 1, 2, and 3 points for bronze, silver gold.  So two silvers in a kingdom would beat one gold.  If a tie, it goes to the highest medal (a gold and bronze would beat two silvers, etc.)

How's that?

Then we may have some positions not qualifying on those grounds, in which case highest points in a kingdom would claim their kingdom with no podium finish claimed, then the next highest points in a kingdom would get that kingdom.

I know that isn't crystal but I think you get it.  If player A has 40,000 Gnome points and Gnome is unclaimed and a position remains and that 40k is the highest for any single unclaimed (no podium) position, they would get it, then if there is still a position left and the next player has 34,000 points as unclaimed Dark Elves, that player can claim Dark Elves.
(09-15-2019, 09:02 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: OK, sorry.  I actually am not partial to any particular method, but I (as purveyor) do appreciate players playing a lot.

If Valhalla podium positions for Maelstrom works, that would seem to be fine.  Meaning 1, 2, and 3 points for bronze, silver gold.  So two silvers in a kingdom would beat one gold.  If a tie, it goes to the highest medal (a gold and bronze would beat two silvers, etc.)

How's that?

Then we may have some positions not qualifying on those grounds, in which case highest points in a kingdom would claim their kingdom with no podium finish claimed, then the next highest points in a kingdom would get that kingdom.

I know that isn't crystal but I think you get it.  If player A has 40,000 Gnome points and Gnome is unclaimed and a position remains and that 40k is the highest for any single unclaimed (no podium) position, they would get it, then if there is still a position left and the next player has 34,000 points as unclaimed Dark Elves, that player can claim Dark Elves.

Works for me