Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what type of game do we want next?
I'm expecting DuPont V is being groomed for just such an undertaking....

The rest of you, don't be left behind. With your offspring, work on vocabulary when they are 3 or 4: "Enamor", "Denigrate", "Usurp Control", "Incite Rebellion". Within 10 - 30 years, they will impress you with their skill.

Mentor them through a Duel; take pride when they don't miss a turn through a whole game. Then read them Sun Tsu at bedtime. Later, read Clausewitz. Maybe later The Chronicles of Draugr. (I am negotiating rights.)

I would love to read DuPont V Sun Tsu at bedtime. Unfortunately, he insists on crappy Paw Patrol and Spider-Man picture books. At least I've taught him to play Chutes and Ladders and he's getting better at not crying when he loses.

(08-03-2019, 02:30 AM)DuPont Wrote: I would love to read DuPont V Sun Tsu at bedtime. Unfortunately, he insists on crappy Paw Patrol and Spider-Man picture books. At least I've taught him to play Chutes and Ladders and he's getting better at not crying when he loses.

Give it time .. mine is 9 and discovered my Calvin and Hobbes collection.  He is on his 3rd read strait through.   He actually beat me at risk on a sick day.... I was sick but still .. he got the rules.

(08-03-2019, 02:54 AM)Valuthor Wrote:
(08-03-2019, 02:30 AM)DuPont Wrote: I would love to read DuPont V Sun Tsu at bedtime. Unfortunately, he insists on crappy Paw Patrol and Spider-Man picture books. At least I've taught him to play Chutes and Ladders and he's getting better at not crying when he loses.

Give it time .. mine is 9 and discovered my Calvin and Hobbes collection.  He is on his 3rd read strait through.   He actually beat me at risk on a sick day.... I was sick but still .. he got the rules.

Ah hem..  Valuthor, have you podiumed yet?  Losing to a kid of 9 at Risk doesn't seem to equate to an Alamaze podium player. 

Risk.  Go for South America if there is other interest in Australia.  See if Africa is not hotly contested.  Then long term North America.  Then Europe.

(08-03-2019, 03:13 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:

Ah hem..  Valuthor, have you podiumed yet?  Losing to a kid of 9 at Risk doesn't seem to equate to an Alamaze podium player. 

Risk.  Go for South America if there is other interest in Australia.  See if Africa is not hotly contested.  Then lo
ng term North America.  Then Europe.

Hey now... Halo risk , sudifed understanding of rules...make that star wars clone wars... I still find Droid pieces when cleaning.

Hmmm if we see a drastic uptick in his wins we know who's playing!

It is a sad and a proud day when your kids beat you at your own game. Lol and Ry-Vor I did pop my podium cherry on the mentors game which of course was totally DuPont. So since it was DuPont I would like my chivalry bonus back. Lol. I will slot this game too. Thanks.
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief