Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5302 MayDay Goes to Amazon
This was my first game where I felt like I had a plan and executed it fairly well. I did make a few mistakes and will share them.

I started by using all 5 Red Dragon Groups. I made 2 divisions and 3 patrols. I was able to map out my region of Krynn in two turns. I found a neutral village in the water as the only PC in water which was a fortunate thing being a Dragon Kingdom. I used my groups to take over PC's. This freed up gold for some magic research and allowed me to feed and pay for my troops. RD troops are incredibly expensive. I took my region over by turn 4. I waited until turn 4 to take over the city due to negative food production and that gained me the region. I had some luck in leveling up some leaders due to using the military each turn.

I was looking around at neighbors. The AT was not a good target due to water PC's so I tried to make nice. I also wanted to play nice with the UN as I didn't want what few wizards I had eliminated by a couple of agents. I was trying to decide who I would invade as I thought it best to just keep moving and keep my troops fighting without rest. The DW to my East were the most likely target. That is when I saw them invade the UN. This was the perfect opportunity as I could go after my primary target and try to gain some favor with the UN. I invaded the Dwarven region in Zanthia and turned the region neutral in one turn. So far so good. I landed at his capital as my scouting groups had already uncovered the entire region. Trying to attack his Capital was a failure as I didn't hit his group first. He had a brigade there and I messed up on my orders. I had moved to the city already so I took that next turn and after two turns of dancing with the DW army group, I finally decided to attack it and had a huge victory. I did lose a couple of brigades but they were Wyverns so not a major loss. This is when the call went out that the AM was marching to victory.

I couldn't drop things with the DW as I was still locked in battle, but I decided to leave his PC's alone as I assumed he would drop and I had just taken the region. I started prepping for the attack int Pellinor. I moved Emmi's across Zanthia, I healed and rebuilt my Army Group and a Divsion, and on the turn I enamored and launched,

ERROR, Game Over!!!!!!

Damn that Vball!!!!!!

Fun times. I am starting to get a feel for the game and the possibilities. Thanks again all and while it was short, it was fun!
Ashgar the Bloodthirsty. 

My blood, your blood, what difference does it make!  

Time will tell.................

Its pretty definite that in the next release, Rex in Maelstrom will change from control of 4 regions to control of 5.

I don't know all the specifics of which 4 regions are being controlled for early game winners, but I am guessing Stormgate is usually involved.  This is not necessarily a flaw, it was something I think players have not quite adapted to.   Although, the intention was that Stormgate would start with a human division outside it, and that it could not be accessed via land from area OQ.   It may also need a Glyph of Warding to protect it from gating. 

Anyway, even with those changes the intention is to make standard victory control of 5 regions and see games going into the turn 30's on average.