Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Migration Patterns
Photo 
As Imril became overcrowded, the ruler sent forth his people to found new settlements. When they asked which way they should go, he replied, "Just head north until you hit the mountains, hang a left, and start heading back.

So that's what they did.

(See attachment)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-11-2019, 12:29 PM)Eregnon Wrote: As Imril became overcrowded, the ruler sent forth his people to found new settlements. When they asked which way they should go, he replied, "Just head north until you hit the mountains, hang a left, and start heading back.

So that's what they did.

(See attachment)

We had a dispersal algorithm before, and experienced players saw through it, so now PC placement is completely random except some capitals favor (but don't always get because that would make them easy to find).   So yes, in 3rd Cycle PC's were nicely dispersed, and players knew from the pattern where the best search areas were.  Now its new. 

This isn't designer preference, this is expert players knowing too much.  So a new algorithm.

It's kind of like Battleship. Not necessarily terrible to have your PCs near each other. People are still going to search high and wide.
And your main group can intercept foreign groups at all of your main goodies Smile.

I still prefer dispersed PC. I was not a pattern simply do not search next to other PCs. But I guess that was cheating to figure out how to not look for PCs next to other PCs.

The overal increase in randomness and lack of divined rules is why I play less games now. I find myself fighting with the luck introduced into the game more than actually needing to out smart other players.

We don’t know what spells stack or how much they stack. What are the limits. Is fear/valor only 25%. What about orcs, they give a valor type effect 15 orcs would equal 55% increase in moral during a fight. Is there a limit how much leader/spells/units can add to moral of a unit

We have never known how threaten works so most only use it as a way to delay the timing of an attack.

(07-11-2019, 12:29 PM)Eregnon Wrote: As Imril became overcrowded, the ruler sent forth his people to found new settlements. When they asked which way they should go, he replied, "Just head north until you hit the mountains, hang a left, and start heading back.

So that's what they did.

(See attachment)

LOL that's funny
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief