Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying Fleets
when you own a port and you want to buy fleets. How do you know the ratio of gold to fleet quality?
Do you have to spend the max gold and order just one ship to get the top rated fleet?
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

(05-21-2019, 04:12 PM)Strylian Wrote: when you own a port and you want to buy fleets. How do you know the ratio of gold to fleet quality?
Do you have to spend the max gold and order just one ship to get the top rated fleet?

Depends on initial strength:

Up to 3 fleets can be created in a single #748 order. In order to construct a fleet in a sea, the building kingdom must control a PC either in the sea or within 1 area of the named sea (i.e., on the coast).

The cost of adding a new fleet in a sea where the kingdom already has at least one fleet is from a minimum of 4000 to a maximum of 16,000 gold, with the change in quality of the new fleet from initial sea quality being (gold spent / 1000) -8. So spending 10k on a fleet would generate a fleet of quality (10,000 / 1000) -8 = a new fleet with quality 2 greater than initial sea quality. An expenditure of only 4k on a fleet would result in a new fleet of quality 4 below initial sea quality.

(05-21-2019, 04:12 PM)Strylian Wrote: when you own a port and you want to buy fleets. How do you know the ratio of gold to fleet quality?

This is in the orders book on page 24 with order 748.   When you start with no ships you HAVE to spend at least 8K on the first ship and you can order as many as 3 ships built with that order.  After that you can pay between a low of 4K per ship to the high of 16K.   If you want to fight or defend at the best odds you build the good stuff.  If you just want income,  barges at 4K are the way to go. 
Sometimes you can get the best available quality for less than 16K  and you will get an error code that you are wasting money.  If that happens just reduce the amount in increments of 2K until the code stops giving you the message.

(05-21-2019, 04:37 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:

This is in the orders book on page 24 with order 748.   When you start with no ships you HAVE to spend at least 8K on the first ship and you can order as many as 3 ships built with that order.  After that you can pay between a low of 4K per ship to the high of 16K.   If you want to fight or defend at the best odds you build the good stuff.  If you just want income,  barges at 4K are the way to go. 
Sometimes you can get the best available quality for less than 16K  and you will get an error code that you are wasting money.  If that happens just reduce the amount in increments of 2K until the code stops giving you the message.
Can you stack orders in the same turn to get more then 3? If you want to build maximum ships you can just start with one fleet and max dollars and work your way down until you no longer get the error?
Wookie, Your am Officer and a Gentleman.
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

(05-21-2019, 04:57 PM)Strylian Wrote:

Can you stack orders in the same turn to get more then 3? If you want to build maximum ships you can just start with one fleet and max dollars and work your way down until you no longer get the error?

you can't stack.  Max is 3 ships at a time on the builds. 
Thanks for the compliment.  I actually am a seafarer and was on the water by the time I could walk.  And I just recently retired my Captain's License.

(05-21-2019, 05:19 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 04:57 PM)Strylian Wrote:

you can't stack.  Max is 3 ships at a time on the builds. 
Thanks for the compliment.  I actually am a seafarer and was on the water by the time I could walk.  And I just recently retired my Captain's License.

Small world. I am also a Merchant Marine. I have a 100 ton Masters but I sail as an A/B Tankerman on An ATB. I port out of New York. 

Fair wind and a following sea matey.

Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief