Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masters at the Maelstrom
Maelstrom Masters
Silent Steel
Launched with the Masters Championship

You've gotten your practice rounds in.  Your arrows are flying straight.  Your siege game is solid.  You've got a plan on how to handle the difficult #13.

Time to Tee 'Em Up!
  • 12 Player
  • Steel (individual)
  • Silent (no communication except posting universal knowledge like controlled regions, enemies, status points, Warlords and Power 7 wizards)
  • Select your draft position here from those not already selected.  Just post with your persona, a short boast if desired, and the selection number.
  • Be available to make your draft selections when you see all 12 spots have been claimed.
  • When the draft begins it is two rounds - select either a kingdom or region in round 1 not already selected, and fill in the other in round 2.
  • Snake draft, so position #1 will pick both 1st, and 24th.  Position 12 will pick 12th and 13th.
Fire Away!

Morgan Kane is back and ready to be bloody! I'll take the 8th draft slot.

Brek, and I will take slot 7

I'm gonna go with #1 because I keep wanting the Untamed Lands and not getting it. So that's my pick for the draft as well.

I will take 12
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

I’ll take 4.
All in for 2nd freebie

1 Dupont - Untamed Lands
4 Draugr
7 Brekk
8 Morgan Kane
12 Strylian

5th pick, I think have a slot open so use that please.

1 Dupont - Untamed Lands
4 Draugr
5 Strongwill
7 Brekk
8 Morgan Kane
12 Strylian

Just an observation, and to those that might be deciding whether to enter the fray.

Mage kingdoms have not flown off the board, I'm not sure we have had all five picked in a game so far.  So if you want a mage and not particular, you should take an early pick like 2 or 3 for the region selection. 

If you want a certain kingdom, like Ranger or Sacred Order or maybe Red Dragon going fairly fast in round 2, you'll want to pick late to get them at the beginning of the 2nd round.

I am not sure there has been a favorite region at large.  In general, there seem though to be some, lets say, unexpected pairings.  The capital regions are the most powerful but the most difficult to control.  No one starts in Stormgate but it is powerful and there will be kingdoms going for it as their second region if not the first.  So it requires a lot of planning how to take it and hold it, and then you have a leading position. 

In general, my observation is the pairings of kingdom and region are more significant than which kingdom and which region.