Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maelstrom Customization
Has anyone done an analysis of good customization choices based on kingdom and region?

For example, I'm playing the Ranger in one game and the Elves in another.  Champion Stallions aren't that helpful to the Rangers because they have the Riders trait already.  Similar with the Whowie Totem - with Riders they have 22 movement points and their movement rate is 5 in most terrains, so the 2 points extra don't enter in too often.  But with the Elves with fast forest movement and combined with plains areas, the Whowie Totem is very useful.  (What's a Whowie anyway?)  In a region giving a veteran brigade you don't need the option to start with one kingdom brigade as veteran.  The Amulet of Portection seems good unless your kingdom already has magic resistance.

That kind of thing.  Anybody found any combos especially good or not so good?

I liked the Tyrant in Mythgar. Starting with the veteran troll brigade was nice. Being in the summer allows you to use your military early without having to worry about food. Having 6 groups and spy network combined with a small region allows you to get the region fast. If you can find the extra power 2 it's a nice boost. Now tour at 6 wizards.

The Glyph of Protection at 2pts is a hell of a deal. 6k defense costs over 36,000 gold and 18,000 food. You get 7k for 2 pts.

Red Elk Mount is more valuable than ever too to me. 10 pts movement for agent missions, lots more range to do nefarious things.

I like black owl totem. Free level 10 search every turn. Yes please. Stick it on an army group and never wonder if there are invisible surprises waiting for your army.

Any region that gives a free veteran companion brigade is good for either of the dragons, as starting with a phoenix brigade is a nice boost. The one region that gives you two companions (don't remember which one off the top of my head) would mean both your 1st and 2nd groups would start with a phoenix brigade, as you can only have 1 per group.

(03-21-2019, 01:54 PM)UEregnon Wrote: Any region that gives a free veteran companion brigade is good for either of the dragons, as starting with a phoenix brigade is a nice boost. The one region that gives you two companions (don't remember which one off the top of my head) would mean both your 1st and 2nd groups would start with a phoenix brigade, as you can only have 1 per group.

The untamed lands gives Two.  But Mike said you will lose the second as both go to your first group.  Just FYI..