Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New temple costs in 3rd cycle
Now the temples  cost 10k  gold 20k food in 3rd cycle.  Is this supposed  to happen? I thought it was only for 4th cycle?  Seems a bit much for 3rd cycle. This is in an existing game. Now I cant because I'm short on food. Totally disrupts my game timing and strategy.
There may be some issues with the order entry website as the new files were uploaded for Maelstrom. Post any concerns so we're aware of them. Regarding this particular issue, just ignore the warning. The main game engine code for 3rd Cycle (The Choosing) that processes the turn and generates the kingdom turn report was not changed in any way so your turn will process as before. Just the order entry website may report differently due to the Maelstrom additions.
So I should ignore the 10k gold and 20k food the order entry website deducts from my current 3rd cycle game for building a temple this turn? I should calculate the old temple cost into my turn instead? When the turn runs it will use the old costs and not the new costs? Trying to clarify. Will this be corrected eventually, so the order checker is accurate?
(01-17-2019, 02:35 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: So I should ignore the 10k gold and 20k food the order entry website deducts from my current 3rd cycle  game for building a temple this turn? I should calculate  the old temple cost into my turn instead? When the turn runs it will use the old costs and not the new costs? Trying to clarify. Will this be corrected eventually,  so the order checker is accurate?

Clear your browser cache and try again. I just updated the order entry website files with the fix.
I noted in our Alliance Game 5213 that when our (RA and BL) declared-Enemy (RD) lost control of this region, my regional reaction there did NOT improve like normal. This obviously has bearing on current diplomacy efforts in the region
(01-17-2019, 06:30 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: I noted in our Alliance Game 5213 that when our (RA and BL) declared-Enemy (RD) lost control of this region, my regional reaction there did NOT improve like normal.  This obviously has bearing on current diplomacy efforts in the region

That is because we lost control and declared enemy in the same turn.   Basically you lost and gained with net effect being the same reaction
(01-17-2019, 06:30 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: I noted in our Alliance Game 5213 that when our (RA and BL) declared-Enemy (RD) lost control of this region, my regional reaction there did NOT improve like normal.  This obviously has bearing on current diplomacy efforts in the region

I don't have time to investigate but as I mentioned above, the software program that runs the turns and generates kingdom turn reports for The Choosing games was not changed at all for Maelstrom. Only the order entry website.
(01-17-2019, 06:50 PM)Draugr Wrote:

That is because we lost control and declared enemy in the same turn.   Basically you lost and gained with net effect being the same reaction

I understand that, it's just that it printed the decline in regional reaction when the RD declared me an enemy but then when control was lost it did not print out the subsequent improvement in regional reaction. So while the net effect did occur as it should, in terms of what got printed on the turn sheet, it didn't print out both reactions.
Also in Warlords game 5203, my RD and AN turns were emailed to me like normal but my IL turn was not emailed and I have checked all my junk files too. Just FYI.