Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5200 is silent
Game 5200 is a silent, no communication game. Surprised to see food trades between two kingdoms and to see those same two kingdoms attacking a particular corner (or at least one kingdom has declared enemies of those two kingdoms and one of them is not near that corner). Not calling anyone out, but just reminding folks, there is no communication.

Trust me there is full blown collusion going on!!! Still waiting for Rick to rule on some kind of punishment or will be walking. Was about to destroy a group and take a capital in R2 when suddenly I got hit by an Ancient Intervention from R10!!!! And I am calling out both players (MrTed and Lord Brogan) along with Rick. This stuff cannot be tolerated!

Sorry to hear that. It looked odd from where I sit across the board, but I guess you have a front row seat to the show.
But please keep in mind that they are both newly back to Alamaze and may have misunderstood the format.

I don’t think the silent stuff was around when lord brogan last played. I am sure it is more a misunderstanding.

Also thought silent has been a player enforced thing. Not sure it is something that is actually punishable in game. I remember when we first started doing Anon games Rick made it clear it is not on them to enforce.

The AN marched all the way from the S. Sands through Synisvania and the Eastern Steppes bypassing those kingdoms to come help the NE (who picked a fight with me). That's not a misunderstanding. I wouldn't be surprised if its the same guy playing both kingdoms. And if Rick isn't going to maintain any integrity in the game then he's going to lose his quality player base real fast and be left only with cheaters.

I'm dropping this game for all of you still in it. Not going to condone active cheating. I would recommend that no one ever play in a game with Lord Brogan or MrTed as they will willfully violate the rules and Rick will do nothing about it.

Guys, I am truly sorry, Ted and I had no idea that we were not allowed to communicate with anyone.  I just happen to be on the boards tonight and saw our game number and clicked to take a look.  Once again I am really, really sorry.  Have not played in many years and I just thought people didn't communicate much, I was suprised that it is actually not allowed anymore for certain games.

- Brogan
Lord Brogan

156 - GN

(12-23-2018, 03:43 AM)Brogan Wrote: Guys, I am truly sorry, Ted and I had no idea that we were not allowed to communicate with anyone.  I just happen to be on the boards tonight and saw our game number and clicked to take a look.  Once again I am really, really sorry.  Have not played in many years and I just thought people didn't communicate much, I was suprised that it is actually not allowed anymore for certain games.

- Brogan

Thank you for that, Brogan. As you can tell by my posts, I assumed this was a mistake, not an intentional violation. There are still diplomacy games, but now there are also silent games, and even some anonymous games.
In any event, you and Ted should declare each back to neutral, do no more trading, and not work together Smile.
Sadly, IT did leave the game, but I think we should play on, and just move past this. I hold no hard feelings, and we probably should have been clearer with you two coming back to Alamaze about the nature of this game.
I can only speak for myself, but mistakes happen.

(12-23-2018, 03:56 AM)VballMichael Wrote:
(12-23-2018, 03:43 AM)Brogan Wrote: Guys, I am truly sorry, Ted and I had no idea that we were not allowed to communicate with anyone.  I just happen to be on the boards tonight and saw our game number and clicked to take a look.  Once again I am really, really sorry.  Have not played in many years and I just thought people didn't communicate much, I was suprised that it is actually not allowed anymore for certain games.

- Brogan

Thank you for that, Brogan. As you can tell by my posts, I assumed this was a mistake, not an intentional violation. There are still diplomacy games, but now there are also silent games, and even some anonymous games.
In any event, you and Ted should declare each back to neutral, do no more trading, and not work together Smile.
Sadly, IT did leave the game, but I think we should play on, and just move past this. I hold no hard feelings, and we probably should have been clearer with you two coming back to Alamaze about the nature of this game.
I can only speak for myself, but mistakes happen.

I just got an email from Ted, we are both willing to drop if the rest of the players feel that would set things right.  If you want us to continue, then yes we will undo the the ally declaration and not communicate further.

Brogan
Lord Brogan

156 - GN

I would prefer that you both stay in the game and stay with Alamaze. Dropping would unbalance the game quite a bit. There is lots of fighting all over. Just play.