Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5149 ends
Congratulations to Rellgar and Wayde for pulling off an epic win in game 5149 on turn 38.
This game was most notable for the passing of our team captain, Ohman.  He had the EL position.
Early on we fought the TY/AT/LI team and had them in a bad way until EL lost our 3 top wizards in a sea battle with AT.  That cost us our chance to take the AT and LI water capitols.  Ohman had made good use of a portal and moved all of his military from Oakendale to the Sands undetected.  Our attacks into region 9 by NO and EL while DW took out region 6 worked well until we lost the wiz patrol and the AM/CI/PI team attacked.  Quick loss of Oakendale was no surprise.  DW and CI hammered each for ages with DW mostly on top until CI agents struck, stealing the Standard of valor and creating general havoc.
EL managed to break CI control of region 2 for awhile with emissaries.  PI joined the battle against my DW and it was downhill for me from there.  AT recovered region 6, region  3 went back and forth for a long time but eventually PI with high level wizards and fresh troops won out.   I finished with just 4 villages and my first ever sanctuary, 5 warlords, 3 marshals, and just a handful of troops.  NO was busy being brilliant in the south the whole game but that is his story to tell.

Victory By Team (7 Regions) Is The Amazons Kingdom!
                           Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom    Player                Results-38  Grand Total

1     AM     Rellgar                   15,720      26,760
          2     PI     Wayde                     14,650      24,824
          3     CI     Wayde                     10,275      18,653
          4     NO     The Gray Mouser           10,400      19,095
          5     DW     Wookie Panz                5,800      14,125
          6     RA     Diws                       6,220      11,815
          7     LI     Draugr                     4,200      11,390
          8     HA     DuPont                     4,900      11,153
          9     AT     Whisper                    4,300      10,055
         10     TY     Draugr                     2,700       8,628
         11     EL     The Gray Mouser            2,600       5,950

Congratz to Rellgar and Wayde. Well played.

We (AT/LI/TY) had fun in the game begin fighting HA/RA/SA with mostly successes but soon we had also to face EL/NO/DW so we went defensive. Once we stabilize the attacks, it was clear that victory was almost impossible so we just make sure EL/NO/DW couldn't grow. Madhatter decide to quit, so Draugr was forced to assume TY.

Thanks Draugr for the lessons.

(07-26-2018, 03:41 PM)Whisper Wrote: Congratz to Rellgar and Wayde. Well played.

We (AT/LI/TY) had fun in the game begin fighting HA/RA/SA with mostly successes but soon we had also to face EL/NO/DW so we went defensive. Once we stabilize the attacks, it was clear that victory was almost impossible so we just make sure EL/NO/DW couldn't grow. Madhatter decide to quit, so Draugr was forced to assume TY.

HEY!!!! Just for the record....I went into this game unsure about being able to complete it (everyone knew ahead of time), since I sold my house and bought a new one, and moved...it was simply bad timing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I feel like my team was running from superior forces for most of the game Smile

The initial TY and LI attack into R8 was very well planned and there was not a lot that we could do to counter it. With the TY inexorably taking the region and without a secure capital yet, I was forced to invade R4 vs. the Amazons, who did not like it much. When the SA was eliminated with PI, CI, and AT and some AM forces converging on him, and with the HA with poor troops but cash, my RA were hitting and running, often with 2 or 3 superior groups hunting them. There were moments of triumph, such as when a CI army group penetrated deep into Runnimede and had its leaders assassinated, and then the mostly leaderless group was caught by my Rangers and taken out. Or when that Rangers group unexpectedly showed up on the doorstep of the TY city at UM and took it ( though his King escaped the sack). HA assassins were pretty active in general. Finally the AM caught my raiders on the R1/R4 border and knocked them down to size, though they bled for the privilege. And the PI, having built up in the Sea of Mystery, went in and took the rich, well defended HA capital.. We then *just* missed a surprise attack on the AM water capital; I was secretly building up a navy in the Sea of Forboding and there were an awful lot of potential victims based there.. but then the AM moved the capital. Damn!

thanks to Dupont and PTRiley for being great allies.

I am happy that we delayed the inevitable for a good while. We kept the AM running around for as long as we could Smile

(07-26-2018, 04:07 PM)Mad Hatter Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 03:41 PM)Whisper Wrote: Congratz to Rellgar and Wayde. Well played.

HEY!!!! Just for the record....I went into this game unsure about being able to complete it (everyone knew ahead of time), since I sold my house and bought a new one, and moved...it was simply bad timing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I wasn't blaming you for leaving the game.

(07-26-2018, 04:10 PM)Diws Wrote: I feel like my team was running from superior forces for most of the game Smile

The initial TY and LI attack into R8 was very well planned and there was not a lot that we could do to counter it.  With the TY inexorably taking the region and without a secure capital yet, I was forced to invade R4 vs. the Amazons, who did not like it much.  When the SA was eliminated with PI, CI, and AT and some AM forces converging on him,  and with  the HA with poor troops but cash, my RA were hitting and running, often with 2 or 3 superior groups hunting them.  There were moments of triumph, such as when a CI army group penetrated deep into Runnimede and had its leaders assassinated, and then the mostly leaderless group was caught by my Rangers and taken out.  Or when that Rangers group unexpectedly showed up on the doorstep of the TY city at UM and took it ( though his King escaped the sack).  HA assassins were pretty active in general. Finally the AM caught my raiders on the R1/R4 border and knocked them down to size, though they bled for the privilege.  And the PI, having built up in the Sea of Mystery, went in and took the rich, well defended HA capital..  We then *just* missed a surprise attack on the AM water capital;  I was secretly building up a navy in the Sea of Forboding and there were an awful lot of potential victims based there.. but then the AM moved the capital.  Damn!

thanks to Dupont and PTRiley for being great allies.  

I am happy that we delayed the inevitable for a good while.  We kept the AM running around for as long as we could Smile
Nice write up DIWS,  it was short lived for me. R5 was like a cake in a fat kid camp.  And SA was like a virgin in a phillipean whore house for sure..  lol  Smile

Thanks to everyone for a super team game. I appreciate everyone who stayed playing untill the end. I will hopefully be able to do a writeup. Im just not that excited at this time. My friend Ohman passing, has affected me a great deal. Those damn Rangers were a pain in the .... and lucky as Loki

(07-27-2018, 03:08 AM)RELLGAR Wrote: Thanks to everyone for a super team game. I appreciate everyone who stayed playing untill the end. I will hopefully be able to do a writeup. Im just not that excited at this time. My friend Ohman passing, has affected me a great deal. Those damn Rangers were a pain in the .... and lucky as Loki

Your still in my prayers buddy..Smile