Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5136 - SNAPSHOT TEST
(04-15-2018, 09:39 PM)Whisper Wrote: About the regional news. Announcing the improve of RR will make very hard to diplomatic assaulting a kingdom.

I’m not liking everyone knowing my power levels of my wizards.. Sad

I don't know if I would worry about some of the reports. In one of my games it showed had had 2 P7's, and I had no P7's. Maybe it is a rumor mill, and I think that adds to the game. I love it showing the winner/loser of major battles. puts fear into the enemy maube, or at least some grudging respect.

The P7s report is an error. UM said to ignore it.

(04-15-2018, 09:47 PM)Whisper Wrote: Demons are really tricky beings. They ordered their orcs and ogres to run into the waves of Summon Death thus turn a 7 brigade army into a patrol. Their leaders and wizards were seen in a distant hill having tea and laughing.

Fresh souls for hell. Our tea discussion regarded the plunder of your capital and a shrug as to the death of troops.

Your Prince is enjoying the torture chambers by the way.

(04-16-2018, 08:55 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: The P7s report is an error. UM said to ignore it.

That problem only affected a single turn in two games that happened to run that Saturday morning before I was able to correct the issue. Since then, the pwr-7 reports are accurate in all games.

The pwr-7+ message triggers whenever a wizard reaches 7th level or higher. Could be the same wizard as in going from 6->7 then 7->8 or two separate wizards 6->7.

There was concern by a player on why pwr-7+ are now advertised to other kingdoms but I don't think the reason is to show a kingdom's hand. It's more like why a Warlord is well known throughout the land. Like the movie Gladiator with Russell Crowe where a military leader with many victories is given a parade around town. A high level wizard would be well known much like Saruman the White where people of the land went to him for advice and guidance.

That's how I view it rather than showing a kingdom's hand to others...

Makes a good point UM, I guess I would like mine to be secret, but love to know others levels lol can’t have it both ways Sad o

News from the Northern Mist front: Just learn today how to loose a full division in battle. A pitty, but the valiant sacrifice of 2nd Necromancer, all its officers and Wizards have bought time for a daring escape of all but one of our emissaries during the fall of our City capital. 

High Priestess Morgan held the enemy troops and sacrifice her liberty while the king and several other high citizens escape to safety.

(04-17-2018, 10:57 AM)unclemike Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 08:55 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: The P7s report is an error. UM said to ignore it.

That problem only affected a single turn in two games that happened to run that Saturday morning before I was able to correct the issue. Since then, the pwr-7 reports are accurate in all games.

The pwr-7+ message triggers whenever a wizard reaches 7th level or higher. Could be the same wizard as in going from 6->7 then 7->8 or two separate wizards 6->7.

There was concern by a player on why pwr-7+ are now advertised to other kingdoms but I don't think the reason is to show a kingdom's hand. It's more like why a Warlord is well known throughout the land. Like the movie Gladiator with Russell Crowe where a military leader with many victories is given a parade around town. A high level wizard would be well known much like Saruman the White where people of the land went to him for advice and guidance.

That's how I view it rather than showing a kingdom's hand to others...

Agree with Mike on this one.

Playing the Dark Elven Imperium in this one.  Certainly hasn't been boring.  Just had T24 and very tight in status points among DA, Demon Princes, Sorcerer and Gnome (coming on quite strong after being very quiet).

Ever see a sea battle?  They have been quite rare, no?  Here's the Jutland of Alamaze:

Sea battle in the sea of Drowning over choppy seas: 12 fleets of Dark Elven
                           small galleys vs. 12 fleets of Demon Princes small craft.

During the first hour of battle, long and medium range catapult fire inflicted negligible
                           damage to the Dark Elven navy and minor damage to the Demon Princes small
                           craft. As the forces drew near, ballistas, fire arrows and grappling
                           missiles caused very light losses to the Dark Elven small galleys and minor
                           losses to the Demon Princes ships.

When the navies clashed at close range,
                           ramming tactics and ship to ship melee resulted in additional very light
                           damage to the Dark Elven ships, and minor damage to the Demon Princes
                           ships. By this time, losses to the Dark Elven ships were minor compared to
                           significant losses to the Demon Princes small galleys based on the overall
                           number of ships in each navy.

The battle continued to rage for some time
                           until the Demon Princes fleet attempted to break off. Their slow sailing
                           navy was able to do so with difficulty. Dark Elven losses were put
                           at 1 fleet while Demon Princes losses were estimated at 6 fleets. Damage to
                           surviving ships resulted in diminished naval quality in that sea.

On a side note, things have been interesting politically, magically, covertly and militarily as well.  Here's a bit of last turn's politics from the newe Regional Events section:

Regional Events (Minor or greater influence in region):

Entity                 Report

Battle                 Peasants told our friends that the 1st Gnome and the 1st Ranger waged a
                           battle that the Gnome prevailed in Arcania.

Amberland              The people of this region have shown obvious outrage to the Dark Elven
                           kingdom.

Synisvania             The people of this region have shown obvious outrage to the Dark Elven
                           kingdom.

Eastern Steppes        The people of this region have shown obvious outrage to the Dark Elven
                           kingdom.

Arcania                The people of this region have shown obvious outrage to the Necromancer
                           kingdom.

Amberland              Our regional reaction here has worsened due to our enemy controlling the
                           region.

Denigrate              The citizens of Amberland were tricked into distrust of us by the lies of
                           the Lizard Men.

Playing in the recent ice age game. In the map the table Terrain Movement Cost that shows movement cost is applying the multiplier twice.