Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Standby Players Wanted
If I'm to blame for filling in a dropped position with a standby then go ahead and blame me. I will always try to find replacements for dropped positions as it is in the best interests and spirit of the game.

I say Bravo UM. I would much rather have more players in the game fighting the good fight. I have been victim per say to what Ace is talking about and know it is annoying. But I have been on the other side many more times. Where a player drops a viable position or just quits way to early and the other player swoops in taking all the PCs before anyone even knows they are gone. Then ruining the game for everyone in the game and really even the guy that got the advantage because now it is not really much of an earned win.

Ace, if the position was that beat down, why not just destroy the new player the rest of the way? You should already be in position?

(12-30-2017, 04:35 PM)PTRILEY Wrote: Ace, if the position was that beat down, why not just destroy the new player the rest of the way?  You should already be in position?

Well yea, obviously going to have to do that longer now. I had victory in this one conflict (not easy as UM mischaracterizes, and not impacting the whole board) by causing the player to drop, but now a new player who has nothing to lose. That is my problem. I had won the conflict, but then the rules were changed by someone not even in the game. 

Like I said, Rick has gone on the record here in the forum that most standby is for turn 6 or earlier and later should be for team games. So that's one strike against UM and his unilateral decision making. Two is his inaccurate portrayal of the kingdom. 

This could be fixed in the future by standby rules for each game being announced during forming. 

I'm tired of drawing this out. I've been playing Alamaze since 1986 and this is the first time something like this has happened to me. Mike has been a huge help from a programming perspective and I appreciate that. However, he has shown many times that he can't see other opinions than his own and always thinks he's right. Personally when I am wrong I like to admit it and learn from it.

86’ I played back in 88’ Lol

I have original pegasus maps from back then.

There is a reason my handle is named after an obscure presidential candidate from 1987-88'. Smile He didn't win the election (more's the pity) but he lives on in Alamaze!

No idea what year it was but I played in game 80 which was a team game and we won. DA, SO and Westmen

Lol sweet

Standby available in 5100 (January Steel) - only a couple turns in.  Claim it on the order entry site.