Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 554 ALLIANCE ends
YOU used an EXPLOIT the game designer has stated multiple times he doesn't like and doesn't want used. If you are comfortable with that, then Congrats on your well deserved victory, you certainly EARNed it.

Hahaha, typical response. If you know an “exploit” is available to be used against an advantage of a kingdom with a hidden PC. Then stop crying about it and don’t take that kingdom from the beginning. You knew that sending low ranking emmies or agents out to blank territories could relocate one to a hidden PC. But it wasn’t an issue when you took the kingdom at the start of the game, it is now that we found your PC (after many turns), and took it. You could have moved it, you had it long enough to get your wizards nice and fluffy just like mine. You chose to stay and not build a supiorior fleet, or have your ally the AT who is the sea king, patrol that sea killing anything that would come close to taking it, but to minimize someone else’s win, because they “exploited” the game is crap dude, period. Hidden capitals are only there to keep kingdoms that take a few turns to get going an equal footing against the military or more rounded kingdoms. Once your wizards are up a few notches and a become the biggest threat in the game, you have the option to change its location or protect it better. I’m done justifying our win. Thanks for all who played.

Well, from the UN position....tough game. Was advised or forced to move my capitol 5 times in the first 11 turns. Didn't have much time to build anything. Was advised to move in and take R10, but with no military against the NO/BL it was difficult to accomplish and the RA and DA were getting pressure from other quarters. The original DA player dropped early and someone else picked up the position. I had decent agents, but had the worse luck, trying to steal food (was advised to do) from the BL. For 2 turns I tried with 4 agents (8 attempts) and only succeeded twice. Was absolutely horrible luck. Nothing went my way. Couldn't believe the TY showed up on turn 8 at my hidden cap in R4 and took it....there went my 36k gold production.

Anyway, when my mentor and his friend (new DA) decided that our positions were not viable and they advised to strike the tents and leave the realm. I decided to stay in just to see what I could do. I still had 2 towns in the water in R9 and when I declared the NO and BL neutral I was hoping they would get the hint and leave me alone, but they didn't, well more like the WA wouldn't. I had no leaders and 6 P2 wizards wondering around in 4 patrols looking for US's and I found a lot of them. At one point I killed a BL warlord when he was setting with his army at a superior site, he moved off and turns out it was the green dragon artifact (very nice). Later I stole a sword and another artifact from the 2AT group setting at another superior sight.

Essentially, I spent the remainder of the game picking off anyone who came within range and finding a lot of artifacts. At the end I sent my emmies out to try to take R9 and did get a few pc's. It was interesting, and fun trying to go it alone and survive against the forces that were surrounding me.

Sorry if all of that sounded jumbled, but I didn't keep notes.

I didn’t keep notes either Mad. After you went neutral with the BL and NO, I thought you had thrown your hat in with that team. You were a headache to TY, and we knew the location of your two water towns. We had discussed taken them out, but we refused to get distracted from our goal.

It sucks that you had to go at it alone Mad, if we get another team game up, I would love to have you join with me, I can’t promise a win, but I can say I will never quit till the game ends or I’m completly taken out. I won’t tell you how to play or what to do, but I will suggest several opportunities and options, and let you decide which is best for you. I can also say that, whichever direction you decide to go, the kingdom I play will do everything possible to allacate whatever resources (troops/ gold/ wizards) to help you achieve your goals, this will help us achieve our team win. JD and Wookie are great teammates as well Mad, you would be lucky to have them on a team.

(11-30-2017, 08:04 PM)PTRILEY Wrote: I didn’t keep notes either Mad.  After you went neutral with the BL and NO, I thought you had thrown your hat in with that team.  You were a headache to TY, and we knew the location of your two water towns. We had discussed taken them out, but we refused to get distracted from our goal.  

It sucks that you had to go at it alone Mad, if we get another team game up, I would love to have you join with me,  I can’t promise a win, but I can say I will never quit till the game ends or I’m completly taken out.  I won’t tell you how to play or what to do, but I will suggest several opportunities and options, and let you decide which is best for you.  I can also say that, whichever direction you decide to go, the kingdom I play will do everything possible to allacate whatever resources (troops/ gold/ wizards) to help you achieve your goals, this will help us achieve our team win.  JD and Wookie are great teammates as well Mad, you would be lucky to have them on a team.

Thanks for the offer. I think I need a bit more mentoring with some of these kingdoms. The ones I think I'll do good at I seem to make too many mistakes or have rotten luck, but on the other end, the ones I've never played before and don't think they look promising from the get-go I seem to excel at. That being said, I do like to try to play a kingdom in an unconventional way. What fun is it if the kingdom is predictable to others and is the same, every time it's played (that may be why I get into pickles sometimes and get frustrated).

Again, thanks for the offer and for letting me stick around in the game. Smile

PS: Just so it is clear to anyone reading this, the DA/RA/UN situation did seem hopeless and it was fine with me when my partners dropped, I still had fun finding artifacts (I couldn't believe how many good ones were still out there.) and messing with the teams that were left fighting it out.

Yeah you definitely surprised me Hatter. I was shocked the DA dropped as he had a really nasty group. Then when he and DA dropped I thought you were out too... caused some confusion to be sure. Put up s good fight right to the end!

So who took out my political Corp? I was down to Govs at one point.

And kudos to Ohman as well. Bad situation but kept plugging away and definitely impacted the game.

Have to say I thought the GN or EL was Jon Doe... you guys played a great game. Timed the move to region 3 perfectly. I didn’t even try to get it back for awhile. I thought it would be the TY and maybe the GN teleporting in... the EL surprised me.

I think the west team knew Netstrider dropped before we did. The NO and I just realized it the turn before it was announced. There was no way to shift over and stop the win at that point.

Again though... fun game!

Calidor, you guys played a great and fun game. We didn’t know the BL had droppped until it was announced. I had just figured my domes had worked, although I was curious why he didn’t move his two armies. The same turn we were notified is when I teleported to his capital city.

If he had stayed in the game I feel this game would have gone the distance. I hope we will meet again on the Alamaze battle map.

And as a note, you three almost had me, as I almost waited one turn to many to relocate my capital. I luckily had a newly taken hidden town in the seas area. Got lucky lol

(11-30-2017, 08:21 PM)Mad Hatter Wrote:
(11-30-2017, 08:04 PM)PTRILEY Wrote: I didn’t keep notes either Mad.  After you went neutral with the BL and NO, I thought you had thrown your hat in with that team.  You were a headache to TY, and we knew the location of your two water towns. We had discussed taken them out, but we refused to get distracted from our goal.  

It sucks that you had to go at it alone Mad, if we get another team game up, I would love to have you join with me,  I can’t promise a win, but I can say I will never quit till the game ends or I’m completly taken out.  I won’t tell you how to play or what to do, but I will suggest several opportunities and options, and let you decide which is best for you.  I can also say that, whichever direction you decide to go, the kingdom I play will do everything possible to allacate whatever resources (troops/ gold/ wizards) to help you achieve your goals, this will help us achieve our team win.  JD and Wookie are great teammates as well Mad, you would be lucky to have them on a team.

Thanks for the offer. I think I need a bit more mentoring with some of these kingdoms. The ones I think I'll do good at I seem to make too many mistakes or have rotten luck, but on the other end, the ones I've never played before and don't think they look promising from the get-go I seem to excel at. That being said, I do like to try to play a kingdom in an unconventional way. What fun is it if the kingdom is predictable to others and is the same, every time it's played (that may be why I get into pickles sometimes and get frustrated).

Again, thanks for the offer and for letting me stick around in the game. Smile

PS: Just so it is clear to anyone reading this, the DA/RA/UN situation did seem hopeless and it was fine with me when my partners dropped, I still had fun finding artifacts (I couldn't believe how many good ones were still out there.) and messing with the teams that were left fighting it out.
Mad you played such a strong game against TY that at one point we were actually wondering if you were secretly working with the other team!  Turns out you were making us all equally miserable.  Well done!
It seems there is an attempt to get a new primeval game going and this should be a mentoring game if there is someone willing to do it.  This would be a great learning experience for you.
Suggest no dragons as they move too fast with that many open regions. 
Thanks for hanging in there when the odds were impossible.