Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maelstrom Map
(08-16-2017, 01:57 AM)PTRILEY Wrote: Hey Ry, was catching up on threads.  Did u mentally take this attached map from Dragonlance ( world of Krynn) Smile))   I used to play all the old games, and  names sure look familiar!!  Lol

You can imagine when it comes down to it, you lay out a map with the objectives we have discussed, such as any kingdom might practically be in many regions, so that's exciting.  

I have borrowed names from time to time, not consciously normally like with Krynn in this case.  I wonder more how often my ideas have been "borrowed"?  I've seen them in lots of formats. That said, I didn't see any Krynn map, the map we have in Maelstrom is unique, maybe the name Krynn is not unique.

Basically, something like using Krynn or Cimmerians isn't a violation, anymore than someone using Amberland or Avalon.  Cimmerians were a people in history. 

Anyway, not to get off course, I am as excited as anyone to see Maelstrom in action.  Lots of new strategies between the map itself and any kingdom being anywhere. 

I had a week of vacation, but made me miss getting Maelstrom further along. Juiced up again!
Well I love it, map and what I've read is awesome And I loved the old games Smile))
(08-16-2017, 03:24 AM)PTRILEY Wrote: Well I love it, map and what I've read is awesome   And I loved the old games Smile))

Well, if 12 players want to play 2nd Cycle, Mike has that available.  But players initially thought they might want the Classic instead of Resurgent map, but that didn't happen. 

I really believe between what Mike has done for the interface, and where the design is going, the old Game of the Year (not quite GOAT, if you know what I mean - see Tom Brady at age 40) is what I hope will bring more players from those other stale games and get our sabbatical players back.

I don't think anything like this has been attempted before.
(08-16-2017, 03:45 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 03:24 AM)PTRILEY Wrote: Well I love it, map and what I've read is awesome   And I loved the old games Smile))

Well, if 12 players want to play 2nd Cycle, Mike has that available.  But players initially thought they might want the Classic instead of Resurgent map, but that didn't happen. 

I really believe between what Mike has done for the interface, and where the design is going, the old Game of the Year (not quite GOAT, if you know what I mean - see Tom Brady at age 50) is what I hope will bring more players from stale games and get our sabbatical players back.

I think it will be a good refresh, I was teasing about the Dragonlance comment.  I loved those old RPG and I was looking those up when I also look to see if Alamaze was still going.  I guess I'm stuck in those days they were the most fun I had gaming the PBM game old D&D games, and the old com 64 games Smile)