Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diary of a New Player (Game 541)
Remember... this was a live diary. I did not go back and change anything so those were my thoughts at the time. Honestly it was my first game so I don't know if I got Chivalry gold or not. I know being "RICH" gave me 30,000 gold. I just checked my setup and did not see any line listed for Chivalry, but do not know if that is how it works. My DA setup from the Duel had 65,000 gold... Not sure if you get Chivalry in Duel games.

I think it's safe to say that if there were some nefarious purpose I would not have kept a diary or be publishing my full turn results and maps etc...

I simply want new people to have something they can reference, read, and learn from my mistakes (and triumphs!)
I looked at the T0 posted and there is no chivalry bonus. The RD starts with 100k. That is part of being a Sexy RD
(03-16-2017, 07:12 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: I looked at the T0 posted and there is no chivalry bonus. The RD starts with 100k. That is part of being a Sexy RD

Thanks for clearing that up!

Note to new people reading the Diary... No Chivalry was in there.

Also note that my maps "may" have some mixed up info. I sometimes may have put in info from a turn result and saved it without renaming. Not sure, but if one or more of them look off that is probably why.
Very nice, enjoyable read! Brings back memories of when I was just starting and everything was new and fresh and SO MUCH information to digest! LOTS, and LOTS, and LOTS of mistakes (until I started reaching out to the veterans for some mentoring)!

Appreciate the time it took to do this and you sharing it with us all.
Very well done Calidor.  You certainly don't play like a newbie and I see you joined in 2013 so are familiar with the earlier game.  You certainly seem to have a good grasp of things.  I'm looking forward to reading more.
More ! More !
(03-25-2017, 07:38 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: Very well done Calidor.  You certainly don't play like a newbie and I see you joined in 2013 so are familiar with the earlier game.  You certainly seem to have a good grasp of things.  I'm looking forward to reading more.

Thanks! I joined the forums in 2013 as I stumbled across rumors of Kingdoms of Arcania. I stopped in a few times since then checking on it's progress but only recently became aware that Alamaze had restarted. I previously played a game of Alamaze back with Pegasus Productions somewhere around 1990. Game 80- Dark Elves!

(03-25-2017, 10:01 PM)Thunderb0lt Wrote: More ! More !

I will shortly. Sorry, been busy with a few things.
I encouraged Calidor to submit his article to Suspense & Decision, although that publication's schedule is a bit sketchy.
(03-16-2017, 05:59 PM)Calidor Wrote: I'm going to pause here for a bit.  I'll update further turns in a few days.

Calidor, you did such an outstanding job on this.  We've been waiting 5 months to see the rest of your game and how your planning worked out.  This is reminding me of waiting for the next season of Game of Thrones!  How about a few more episodes?