Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Specific Design Ideas for Maelstrom
So they are a terrorist nation then.
More Initial Forces Available:  Patrols apart from Brigade sized groups

In The Choosing, kingdoms have 4 groups mainly, 5 with Military Tradition, and the Tyrant has six as a special kingdom ability.

For Maelstrom, contemplating:

Kingdoms have 3-5 Forces that are of at least 1 brigade (or Inactive), and have 2-4 Patrol sized Forces (or available), based on kingdom traits and flavor.  Rangers, Amazons, Nomads likely have 4 available patrols, Gnomes and Dwarves maybe 2.  

In itself, this should relieve the transfer headaches.  And again, a new strategic component, but starting leaders are somewhat rare and can you send them up in patrols rather than win an important early battle?
(03-14-2017, 10:23 PM)Thunderb0lt Wrote: So they are a terrorist nation then.

RE: Only Fanatics Assassinate.
The intention is to reduce the finality of assassination and add a bit of intrigue with capture, kidnapping, attempted rescue, ransom.

But a couple kingdoms like the Underworld, potentially Pirates, Tyrant, maybe Dark Elves, Demon Princes might have a different moral code than this new one in Alamaze.
Killers trait.
I think the fanatic idea here is cool and I am good with the need to be a killer but I think they should still get a chance to get information. Maybe the killer trait you can not guard prisoners ( this is to keep people from trying to keep them). You can issue an order to get information but they always die from the torture or when you issue the kill order.
I am just thinking I do not like my actions to be dictated but limited is ok
(03-14-2017, 10:29 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: Killers trait.  
I think the fanatic idea here is cool and I am good with the need to be a killer but I think they should still get a chance to get information.  Maybe the killer trait you can not guard prisoners ( this is to keep people from trying to keep them).  You can issue an order to get information but they always die from the torture or when you issue the kill order.
I am just thinking I do not like my actions to be dictated but limited is ok

Should make it more fun and add even more distinction to the kingdoms that have the Killers trait.  No change on the info gathered.  Just only Fanatics can use the Assassination order unless have the Killers trait.
Yes I like that part of it. I only did not like the part killers could never torture as a killer, since you would have killed them already. For a cold blooded killer I would think torture is almost a must for an enemy emmisary. maybe you always kill them but have 1/2 the normal chance of getting a skeleton for any Emmy captured.

Anyway staying on point. Fanatic only assassinations unless killer trait. Sounds good
(03-14-2017, 10:48 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: Yes I like that part of it.   I only did not like the part killers could never torture as a killer, since you would have killed them already.   For a cold blooded killer I would think torture is almost a must for an enemy emmisary.   maybe you always kill them but have 1/2 the normal chance of getting a skeleton for any Emmy captured.

Anyway staying on point. Fanatic only assassinations unless killer trait.  Sounds good

OK, at the risk of being obtuse, yes, with your last line.   Torture?  New idea or you mean Bribe?   Killer trait doesn't mean you can't hold prisoners, just that you have another alternative the other kingdoms don't.  But you pay for that with starting influence and regional reactions.
Yes add torture!
Ah miss read it. Looked again and see you can only kill them with killer trait. Got it. All good
(03-14-2017, 10:23 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: More Initial Forces Available:  Patrols apart from Brigade sized groups

In The Choosing, kingdoms have 4 groups mainly, 5 with Military Tradition, and the Tyrant has six as a special kingdom ability.

For Maelstrom, contemplating:

Kingdoms have 3-5 Forces that are of at least 1 brigade (or Inactive), and have 2-4 Patrol sized Forces (or available), based on kingdom traits and flavor.  Rangers, Amazons, Nomads likely have 4 available patrols, Gnomes and Dwarves maybe 2.  

In itself, this should relieve the transfer headaches.  And again, a new strategic component, but starting leaders are somewhat rare and can you send them up in patrols rather than win an important early battle?

I don't really follow what this is.   Start with much less military?  Have more patrols?   
Or is it basically same number of attacking forces plus some extra patrols that can not get troops?