Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!!
(03-29-2017, 12:24 PM)unclemike Wrote: How about this as a possible solution: create a new priestess spell called Resurrection that can bring back the dead!

That way, those who wish a strong penalty to prevent the exploit may remain in effect while the Resurrection spell can help those who honestly make a mistake recover from it. This new spell will also coincide with Ry Vor's goal to encourage more hostage taking (and rescues) rather than just executing prisoners.

If you ask me though, I would still prefer my original solution to this problem mentioned earlier in this thread. What I proposed is the only assured way of preventing the exploit from ever happening again and does so without penalty: http://kingdomsofarcania.net/forum/showt...5#pid44985

But since that idea was turned down, having a high priestess Resurrection spell would help solve the current situation:

Spell #776 Resurrection
This powerful High Priestess spell may bring a dead figure back to life. Only those figures listed under the In Memorium section (towards the end of the kingdom turn report) may be brought back to life. Figures that are missing or held captive will have no effect but the gold cost will still incur. The Resurrection spell is very powerful and as a result will kill the priestess due to the effort of performing the ceremony. The process of being returned to the corporal realm also has an effect on the raised figure: political emissaries lose one rank and agents lose half their levels (rounded down). Fools may not be raised in this manner. The effected figure will not be able to perform an action the turn they are brought back to life.

Column A: Priestess initials
Column B: Dead figure's initials to be raised (own kingdom only)
Resource Cost: 10,000 gold + life of the priestess

The raised figure will be returned to the capital.

Nice idea, but the cost is not even close to being beneficial,  it's going further down the hole of ridiculous  for making a typo. A hidden capital's intended to never be found or is it just to be more difficult and costly to Locate? If it's the later, just make it little more costly, but if someone wants to use the orders and gold to do it, then I see no reason it can't  be a viable part of there strategy. 

That's my thoughts, let not the cure be more detrimental than the symptoms. 

Rellgar

I think secretive is the most powerful kingdom trait.

I think if it was offered as a kingdom customization choice I would pick it even if it took up all my points.

Singles games point average of 10 kingdoms with Secretive:   11252  (27.3% top 3 kingdoms)

Singles games Point average of 14 kingdoms w/o Secretive:   9420  (16.9% top 3 kingdoms)

I realize there have been numerous changes recently done that will impact these results going forward.

However, I do think the hidden capitol is very powerful and that was with the "cheat" in place to locate them.

Attached Files
.pdf   Combined Kingdom Status Point Report.pdf (Size: 114.52 KB / Downloads: 2)

(03-28-2017, 08:08 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 04:42 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 04:16 PM)JonDoe Wrote: Hawk's wisdom shines through one less player.   I will not be starting any new games as the rules currently stand.

I open my turn to find I am being punished for missing a row by one.  My punishment is the loss of a baron, 5000 gold, 0.6 influence, roughly 1/6 of my orders this turn.   Guess I should feel lucky I did not loose another 0.3 influence by not paying the ransom for my second now dead baron.  Which would have lost me enough influence to be missing an order for future turns as well.

Viris Dex Mana       Trolls abducted Baroness Viris Dex Mana who had become lost trying to find
                         a population center in area MW. We paid a 5,000 gold ransom for her safe
                         return. The embarrassment has become known to the peasants, resulting in a
                         loss of 0.3 influence.

Alteris The Dark     My liege Baron Alteris The Dark was sent to area MW expecting to relocate
                         his base there. No population center was found. Tales say the baron was
                         captured by savages. The embarrassment has become known to the citizens,
                         resulting in a loss of 0.3 influence.

Cannia                 Not enough gold in treasury to pay the agent (need 1,000 gold, treasury 744
                           gold). (975 CA D DA)

I have to agree with J.D.  This is one rule that has to go.  I know there have been recent attempts to modify it but it's really admitting the rule is a mistake and just trying to make it a bit less painful.  No way should you lose an Emmy.  I can see there being a price to pay just so the figures are not abused in using them for exploration but letting them be killed is just wrong.  I would guess there are very few players who have not plotted a wrong location by mistake.  I know I have and it cost me an emissary.

Sorry, I don't get why this is so difficult.  Just go slower in entering your relocate orders.  Come on.  I can do (maybe, maybe not) a simple game with 10 pages of rules if this is so boggling.  Don't send emissaries to unexplored areas.  Recon them.  There's really nothing more to say.
Was my post really that bad to get a "nothing more to say" reply?  It looks like there was a lot more to say as there are 13 new player post following this one.  I have never used this as an exploit but I have lost am emissary recently from a typo.  there has to be a fix to this that everyone can live with. How about holding the emissary for a turn and also reducing influence?  Would that be enough of a penalty?

(03-29-2017, 04:44 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 08:08 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 04:42 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 04:16 PM)JonDoe Wrote: Hawk's wisdom shines through one less player.   I will not be starting any new games as the rules currently stand.

I open my turn to find I am being punished for missing a row by one.  My punishment is the loss of a baron, 5000 gold, 0.6 influence, roughly 1/6 of my orders this turn.   Guess I should feel lucky I did not loose another 0.3 influence by not paying the ransom for my second now dead baron.  Which would have lost me enough influence to be missing an order for future turns as well.

Viris Dex Mana       Trolls abducted Baroness Viris Dex Mana who had become lost trying to find
                         a population center in area MW. We paid a 5,000 gold ransom for her safe
                         return. The embarrassment has become known to the peasants, resulting in a
                         loss of 0.3 influence.

Alteris The Dark     My liege Baron Alteris The Dark was sent to area MW expecting to relocate
                         his base there. No population center was found. Tales say the baron was
                         captured by savages. The embarrassment has become known to the citizens,
                         resulting in a loss of 0.3 influence.

Cannia                 Not enough gold in treasury to pay the agent (need 1,000 gold, treasury 744
                           gold). (975 CA D DA)

I have to agree with J.D.  This is one rule that has to go.  I know there have been recent attempts to modify it but it's really admitting the rule is a mistake and just trying to make it a bit less painful.  No way should you lose an Emmy.  I can see there being a price to pay just so the figures are not abused in using them for exploration but letting them be killed is just wrong.  I would guess there are very few players who have not plotted a wrong location by mistake.  I know I have and it cost me an emissary.

Sorry, I don't get why this is so difficult.  Just go slower in entering your relocate orders.  Come on.  I can do (maybe, maybe not) a simple game with 10 pages of rules if this is so boggling.  Don't send emissaries to unexplored areas.  Recon them.  There's really nothing more to say.
Was my post really that bad to get a "nothing more to say" reply?  It looks like there was a lot more to say as there are 13 new player post following this one.  I have never used this as an exploit but I have lost am emissary recently from a typo.  there has to be a fix to this that everyone can live with. How about holding the emissary for a turn and also reducing influence?  Would that be enough of a penalty?

I don't know the answer. but I will add that I lost 3 high level emissaries in one game through the rule change. One was sent to a town that had been destroyed and 2 more were sent to a town that my ally had verified was still there but my ally had a typo in giving me the location. What used to be 3 wasted orders turned out to be 3 lost emissaries and they were my last 3 higher level emissaries. Fixing a loophole shouldn't cause this many problems. How many people really routinely recon a non hostile population center every time they send an emissary?

Funny you mention that Devildog. I was just thinking about that as a tactic last night. Offer to let someone you plan to attack take your PC in there region and give them the wrong coordinate. I would bet you could even get away with a "I am so sorry" and give them another bad coordinate. With a starting court of only a few emmies it could be very damaging. Of course the forum outrage would come with it Smile

You mean use an exploit fix as an Exploit? Oh my how do we prevent this?

That's not really an exploit, that's more caveat emptor.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

In reference to the no move to a hidden PC change? I am playing the HA in a 5 VS 5 team game. One of my teammates is in danger of losing the last pc in his kingdom. I had thought for him to take one of my hidden villages with an Emmy, so that his possible attacking group can't be persued there. Why would this situation be part of the exploit, as he knows where my pc is and we are allied?

When did this get WORSE? Now, not only did my emmy get murdered because I made a typo when inputting the location to move to, there was a drop in influence as well? This is an absolutely shitty rule and it damn well needs to be changed!!!!!

Yes its the worst thing that has been changed. The fix is worst on the person making the mistake, than the actual so called exsploit was on the kingdom being exsploited.