Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Council of the Future
I've been wanting to shake up the High Council for some time now.

Was thinking along these lines:
  • Games start with no High Council even with empty seats.  So there is no High Council unless approved.
  • A total of 100k gold must be bid to establish a High Council with a minimum qualifying bid of 20k.
  • Until the Council is formed, just the chance to bid is the issue, and the amount of bids of 20+ plus are reported.
  • Only if the High Council is established through these bids is gold deducted from the qualifying kingdoms.
  • Only kingdoms with qualifying bids (20k+) can bid the following turn for the first seat.
  • The winner of the first seat has one minor skeleton eliminated.
  • The minimum bid for a High Council chair is 10k. 
  • New issues for the High Council.
  • There may be some new kingdom orders that require being on the High Council to issue.
So the theme is both slowing down the filling of the High Council, but also increasing its importance.  So now the poorer kingdoms would have a greater chance of being on the High Council, no one "steals" a seat, and there is more prestige associated with it. 

We can discuss new High Council potential issues.  Perhaps one is sharing a technology like Astronomy or even a trait like Order or Riders, or reduces or increases magic research cost by 1000 across the board.
For sure interesting. At first glance I am not sure I would be willing to offer any bid initially and would rather let others gamble wfor the chance to claim the first chair the following turn.

If you bid 20K+ to try and get the council formed is that gold now gone with no reward other than your one of a few to try and bid again the next turn for a seat? Perhaps if the gold is gone offer a reward of +1 influence or something interesting like your highest ranking non-Prince is promoted one level maybe even both as a sign of prestige for forming the council.

In the second round does your first round bid get added to your new bid to claim the first seat. Idea being if you put more gold to get the council started do you get a leg up.

Would charisma trait add to the council forming bid as well?

All for more global effecting type issues that can be voted on. Perhaps we could even build a big ass wall around our region to keep those radical flee invested Nomadic scum out of the land of the free Drow. Smile
Ok. No Wall

Maybe some actual new issues

Ban/unban the use of 1 spell - only one spell would be allowed on the ban list at a time.

Declare a celebration/holiday. - one region would make 1.25x gold and 0.75x food the next month after the issue passed. Changes would be reflected on expected income from PCs for the next turn.

Pardon a prisoner. A specific prisoner kingdom and name will be released and sent back to that kingdoms capital. He would be placed at the capital following any locate type orders, to help avoid any abuse.

A tax of 5k gold from all kingdom to maintain roads of course

Closed boarders. No emissaries may move to or from a specified region. Can not be issued back to back.
You can build that wall to keep out the Nomad and make the Nomad pay for it.
(02-08-2017, 08:11 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: Ok. No Wall

Ban/unban the use of 1 spell - only one spell would be allowed on the ban list at a time.

Declare a celebration/holiday. - one region would make 1.25x gold and 0.75x food the next month after the issue passed.   Changes would be reflected on expected income from PCs for the next turn.

Pardon a prisoner.  A specific prisoner kingdom and name will be released and sent back to that kingdoms capital.   He would be placed at the capital following any locate type orders, to help avoid any abuse.

Closed boarders. No emissaries may move to or from a specified region.  Can not be issued back to back.
I find these pretty interesting....
(02-08-2017, 10:08 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 08:11 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: Ok. No Wall

Declare a celebration/holiday. - one region would make 1.25x gold and 0.75x food the next month after the issue passed.   Changes would be reflected on expected income from PCs for the next turn.

Pardon a prisoner.  A specific prisoner kingdom and name will be released and sent back to that kingdoms capital.   He would be placed at the capital following any locate type orders, to help avoid any abuse.

Closed boarders. No emissaries may move to or from a specified region.  Can not be issued back to back.
I find these pretty interesting....

Yes those all look very interesting. I really like the idea of votes that affect the whole world and not just 1 particular king.
I propose something that can only be gotten from the high counsel , such as immunity to all assasinations for the next turn or immunity to all denigrates the next turn. Somethings like this would make it more desirable and sought after. 

Rellgar