Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Maelstrom
Just to expound on the point.  I am looking in the next release to up the military kingdoms a bit, and it will likely involve major enhancements to sea power.  So limiting range of emissaries effectively increases the range of armies.

Wizards spell lists will probably be taken a bit higher, so a Power 2 Spell  in The Choosing might be a Power 3 in Maelstrom. 

I would like any opinion on the idea of changing Alamaze to closer to a 40 turn game than 30.  I'm fine either way, but generally I think players like their kingdoms around turn 25 and would like to continue with them.
I think IT is suggesting you could start with a 6 base but then buy buildings that would enhance movement out of that PC
The thinking is what we did in Fall of Rome: Control requires 60%, and benefits to Tight Control at 80%.  Not so easy then for those early game long NAPS about splitting regions.
New buildings like library and university will give you enhancments to various orders such as increasing Emmisarry range.
(02-26-2017, 05:16 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: I think IT is suggesting you could start with a 6 base but then buy buildings that would enhance movement out of that PC

Interesting.  Sort of a roads thing.  In Fall of Rome, the concept was abstracted as entering a PC cost 1 MP less than normal for the terrain.
(02-26-2017, 05:26 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: New buildings like library and university will give you enhancments to various orders such as increasing Emmisarry range.

Or reduction of cost to train Wizards and Agents.
Unless it is going to have an interactive map I would rather not have to plot my emissary movements. The longest part of doing my turns at times is moving my groups around.
What about allowing the counter-espionage level of PCs to be raised? And/Or raising it's loyalty rating to make it harder to take politically (Maybe allowing them to keep some of their gold/food instead of sending it to the king)

If this was mentioned previously I apologize in advance if I missed it.

Regarding the 40 turns... heck year!
(02-26-2017, 05:48 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: Unless it is going to have an interactive map I would rather not have to plot my emissary movements.  The longest part of doing my turns at times is moving my groups around.

Just curious: I don't think you played Fall of Rome.  Is that correct?  That interactive map is on the agenda, but not likely for Maelstrom.  So in Fall of Rome, moving groups ("forces" in that game, which term I prefer)  was one of the easiest things to do.  Just click on your destination and it will show the quickest route and you can modify it if you wish.
With what has been mentioned possibly 25+ building and new characters. Perhaps some kind of format that has kingdom stay in there home region the first 8-10 turns, building there kingdom how they would like before everyone starts a war. The Ready button would likely accelerate these turn so they do not drag on. It could be taken further to be you can not cross a regional boarder until the turn after you or they declare you enemy.