Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
525 Ends by Rex
Victory By Rex Is The Demon Princes Kingdom!

Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom Player Results-28 Grand Total

1 DE Imperial Tark 16,875 22,344
2 EL Netstrider 11,525 17,936
3 CI Hawk 11,120 17,450
4 PI Jumpingfist 10,690 16,145
5 GN Atuan 8,200 11,525
6 DW DuPont 6,100 11,275
7 RD Tomag Ironfist 3,040 6,680
8 BL Greyhawk 2,800 6,210

Congrats to Tark on the win

Thanks to Tomag for ensuring I was completely useless until almost the end.

Congrats to Tark and Netstrider on their victory!

I lost most of my popcenters but my artifacts and prisoners kept me in 3rd place.

On turn 18 and on the RD showed up at and started destroying my popcenters at a rate of 1-2 per turn for the next 10 turns.

That was the reason that I invaded regions 3 and 5.  I just needed popcenters to replace my losses.

Tomag why did you decide to burn my PC's and why did you continue as the Demon Prince closed on their victory?

(11-10-2016, 05:29 PM)Hawk_ Wrote: Tomag why did you decide to burn my PC's and why did you continue as the Demon Prince closed on their victory?

I can't speak for Tomag, but I know that in the past when I have played the RD and it becomes clear that I will not win, nor will I have a chance for the podium, that it can be fun (cathartic) to just go on a bit of a ramage and trash everything in your path. Or course, I'm sure its not nearly as fun for those in the path of destruction but then I've been on that side too!

(11-10-2016, 06:04 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 05:29 PM)Hawk_ Wrote: Tomag why did you decide to burn my PC's and why did you continue as the Demon Prince closed on their victory?

I can't speak for Tomag, but I know that in the past when I have played the RD and it becomes clear that I will not win, nor will I have a chance for the podium, that it can be fun (cathartic) to just go on a bit of a ramage and trash everything in your path.  Or course, I'm sure its not nearly as fun for those in the path of destruction but then I've been on that side too!

I have done that before also but I concentrated on the kingdom or region that knocked me out of the game.  Why focus on a particular kingdom on the other side of the map?

Congrats Tark!

It must have been a pretty interesting game everywhere except in R1. As one of the "mage" kingdoms, my strategy was to sit back and build and hope to be left alone. That part worked.

When the AM dropped on T10 I decided to check out Torvale to see what was up. Seeing Meridon still controlled by the HU I sent a couple of princes there only to have them captured by the RD. That annoyed me, so I used my P8-led army group to start following the RD capital around the map, taking it a couple of times before I lost interest in that particular game. I also decided that it would be fine for the PI to keep R4, so stayed out of there.

On T23 I'm looking at:

Oakendell (1) Control Friendly Elven
Northern Mists (2) Unestablished Tolerant NA
Talking Mountains (3) Minor Suspicious Cimmerians
Torvale (4) Unestablished Friendly Pirates
Amberland (5) Unestablished Tolerant Black Dragon
Eastern Steppes (6) Unestablished Suspicious Demon Princes
Runnimede (7) Significant Suspicious NA
Arcania (8) Unestablished Suspicious NA
Synisvania (9) Unestablished Suspicious Dark Elven
Southern Sands (10) Unestablished Suspicious Dark Elven

So fine, I think, I'll let everyone fight down south where there is obviously lots going on and I'll try to take out the BL and grab Amberland. Maybe come back for R2 later. I'm still thinking at this point that it's going to be a long game and a status point victory. But that didn't really make sense because there was obviously chaos going on everywhere, a very fluid situation, everywhere except in R1.

But then the DA disappears on T24, and within a couple of turns the DE has 3 regions with several up for grab. With just a couple of turns and on the other side of the map there's nothing I can do about it and the game's over. Just as I was getting ready to have some fun, dangit!

Who was the DA and what happened?

$ problems. Couldn't afford to stay in. Shame.... was in first place at the time.

I had moved some of my groups into R6 and R9 to try and keep the DE at bay as I was suiciding my groups around the map. I got domed multiple times, so my groups weren't regaining their moral from having no food or gold to keep them happy. I picked on the non-magical kingdoms since I knew I could count on my attack not being blocked. Before I tried to go after the DE when he had first got two regions, I tried to punish the EL in R1 but he also had domes to put down my groups. RD aren't happy dragons when their are domes being dropped everywhere..

(11-12-2016, 05:53 AM)Tomag Ironfist Wrote: I had moved some of my groups into R6 and R9 to try and keep the DE at bay as I was suiciding my groups around the map. I got domed multiple times, so my groups weren't regaining their moral from having no food or gold to keep them happy. I picked on the non-magical kingdoms since I knew I could count on my attack not being blocked. Before I tried to go after the DE when he had first got two regions, I tried to punish the EL in R1 but he also had domes to put down my groups. RD aren't happy dragons when their are domes being dropped everywhere..

That makes sense.  Thanks for the follow up.