Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion Brigade recruitment
So, the companion dossier indicates that for some Companion types a veteran or elite brigade is needed.

On the various set-ups I have no where in the setup does it say the veteran or elite brigade needs to be a Kingdom brigade. or for that matter when 3 brigades are required it doesn't say 3 kingdom brigades.

I guess the question is: in order to recruit mammoths or hill giants do you need an elite kingdom brigade or just as long as you have any elite brigade?

Also, If you command your troops to plunder a town with a 10k defense, does the resulting bonus to the towns defenders give you a chance to get an elite brigade?
Any elite brigade should be fine.

Promotion is dependent on loosing at least 5% and the battle lasting long enough. For elite it must be a town or city for PC battles. So if you need the defense to be higher to make the above happen then plunder may be an option.

I wonder if you could cast fear on yourself.
(08-24-2016, 08:07 AM)Rytek Wrote: So, the companion dossier indicates that for some Companion types a veteran or elite brigade is needed.

On the various set-ups I have no where in the setup does it say the veteran or elite brigade needs to be a Kingdom brigade. or for that matter when 3 brigades are required it doesn't say 3 kingdom brigades.

I guess the question is: in order to recruit mammoths or hill giants do you need an elite kingdom brigade or just as long as you have any elite brigade?

Also, If you command your troops to plunder a town with a 10k defense, does the resulting bonus to the towns defenders give you a chance to get an elite brigade?

The plunder could help but only if your attack ratio to the target defense is not too great.  If your attacking group is too large the loss percentage will be low and the battle too short.