Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alamaze Support Anonymous
Hello,

My name is Lord Diamond and I have been a victim of 'Flanking'.

Flanking is bad.

Flanking makes me sad.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Hello,

My name is Atuan and I am not the perpetrator of said "Flanking"

But I do like a good Flank.
Being on the other side of LD's flanking attack (and victorious against his superior force), try casting a different spell than Shield...like Flash Flood. That would have helped you in those battles but doing triple damage (flank provides 200% bonus to the charge attack) is going to hurt unless you counter it. Live and learn as the wise Ranger women say Wink

If you want to be clever you could have prevented a successful flank if you used one wizard (pwr-1) to stun the leader while another wizard (pwr-4) to kill the second marshal in the opposing group. By stunning the first and killing the second, the flank would have been nullified since it requires at least a marshal to execute.
(08-23-2016, 04:06 PM)unclemike Wrote: Being on the other side of LD's flanking attack (and victorious against his superior force), try casting a different spell than Shield...like Flash Flood. That would have helped you in those battles but doing triple damage (flank provides 200% bonus to the charge attack) is going to hurt unless you counter it. Live and learn as the wise Ranger women say Wink

If you want to be clever you could have prevented a successful flank if you used one wizard (pwr-1) to stun the leader while another wizard (pwr-4) to kill the second marshal in the opposing group. By stunning the first and killing the second, the flank would have been nullified since it requires at least a marshal to execute.

I didn't think the Stun would work.

I do wish I had considered Flash Flood. Honestly, I didn't know that I was facing a Flanking kingdom that first time. I was still traumatized the second.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I believe flanking is considered a tactic 2 so a wall of fire could potentially have both sides not fight. UM would have to verify how that works I am basing on casualty retreat % I have seen from battles with flanking units. Even if it is not the wall of fire damage would come before the cavalry so at least would reduce some of the damage that way as well.
(08-23-2016, 09:37 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: I believe flanking is considered a tactic 2 so a wall of fire could potentially have both sides not fight.  UM would have to verify how that works I am basing on casualty retreat % I have seen from battles with flanking units.  Even if it is not the wall of fire damage would come before the cavalry so at least would reduce some of the damage that way as well.

Assuming a wall of Fire had been available, that would have worked.
 Lord Diamond