Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 513 Silent Game Ends
Victory By Rex Is The Nomad Kingdom!

Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom Player Results-32 Grand Total

1 NO Imperial Tark 19,315 28,197
2 WA Tomag Ironfist 8,000 14,550
3 PI Son of Conan 6,660 13,330
4 SA DuPont 5,420 11,870
5 AM Lojjin 5,860 10,800
6 DE Vball Michael 4,000 8,345

This was my first official Gold in Alamaze! Kudos to the Tomag Ironfist and Son of Conan, two newer players wracking up podium finishes!

Congrats IT on your Gold. Will be interesting to read how this played out. I see Vball with one of the kingdoms I think is a powerhouse curious how many players it took to keep him down.

I expect to see the PI and UN on the medal list a lot but with very few golds similar to UN in 2nd cycle.

Wow congrats imp. Good showing for tomag and Conan. Interesting to see three devout kingdoms in the top 5

Congratulations to Imperial Tark.  Winning is hard, especially in 3rd with no SVC and with no allies in Silent.  Well done.  Also to Ironfist and SoC, and to Lojjin with the Amazons: he's doing better than Mouser with the ladies, although he likes the position, er, kingdom.  Yeah, let's hear the stories.

(07-24-2016, 07:50 PM)Atuan Wrote: Wow congrats imp. Good showing for tomag and Conan.   Interesting to see three devout kingdoms in the top 5

The Devout trait is one of the things I had in mind in the other recent thread discussing kingdoms and strategy.  It's kind of like its own brand of magic, requires its own strategy that maximizes what it provides and plays differently with different priorities and objectives.

NO Summary

My capital was precariously placed at UT in the mountains (when I want Plains/Desert) and on the border with both the LI and TY next door. Even though I started knowing where the Red Bats and a Palantir were located, I decided they were just too far away to pursue with two groups and brought all my groups home to secure the S. Sands and protect from any early aggressive neighbors. As luck would have it, on T1, I find the LI capital just 2 squares from mine. On T2, I find the LI town in S. Sands. Nobody messed with the city of Yanasheen so on T3, I have control of the S. Sands.

Through T9, I start training agents, raising wizards, recruiting brigades, collecting artifacts, acquiring remaining R10 PCs, reconning the LI capital, and organizing my forces. By just T4 the LI and TY (Rick and Uncle Mike) are in a full blown war over R9. Good news for me! The LI capital would change hands a couple of times. By T6 Status Update, I’m in 2nd place behind the HA kingdom. Starting to really appreciate the Devout trait with my HP ability to summon a Lesser Angel and jack up my capital and city stats. Also divine all PC locations in R9 in preparation for my conquest of whoever the tattered victor is in the TY-LI war (or so I thought).

On T9, the LI unexpectedly surrenders which means next turn, I attack! On T10 I bring 22 brigades to UV which is now the TY capital. Until now, there has never been a group of any substance there. The TY is waiting. While he only has 20 brigades, he brought 3 mid-level wizards against my little P2 (I hadn’t thought my 22 brigades would really be challenged anyway). I was crushed, spanked, and sent scurrying back home with my tail between my legs losing over half my force and my P2. But thanks to UM, I learned two important lessons 1) always bring your wizards to the gunfight, and 2) if your HP can cast Avenging Angel in combat, use them (I forgot all about them)! Thankfully, the TY let me slink back to R10 and didn’t follow me home. T12 I’m still in 2nd behind the Halfling
So I now spend the next many turns really cranking on my wizards, collecting artifacts and recruiting more brigades. I do catch a break in that I get on a long line of winning the HC motions for many turns in a row. I’m up to a 25 Influence in no time. Meanwhile the TY has turned his attention to the Halfling and gone to war. Good for me; everyone is just leaving me alone in my corner. I’ve divined both Arcania and Runnimede for PCs.

By T18, I’m now in first place, with 4 Princes, a Count, 3 Barons, 2 Govs, and my King/Fool. I have 25 Influence, 4 High Priestesses, 5 agents between 9-12th levels, 3 P5s and 2 P3s, a Warlord, Grand Marshal, and Marshal (plus assorted Capt/Cent), 35 total brigades, total control of R10, and 5 artifacts including the Crystal of Seeing and Elan, Flaming Sword of the North. I commence looking for the IL (my next target; since the TY/HA war is underway) hidden capital. Looking at the spread of PCs in the region, I narrow it to a cluster of 4 likely squares and boom, I get lucky with my agents, UO is the IL capital, it’s nearby in Plains and he has no idea that I know. I waste no time and start the invasion of Arcania.

While I take the IL capital on T20, the war will last til T26 when the IL finally surrenders. To be honest, I breathe a huge sigh of relief for while I got the early drop on him, his wizards were brutal in their retaliation with Summon Deaths over those 7 turns. I’m losing brigades left and right and we’ve drawn to a stalemate with emmys and agent assassinations. I think he has me in the long game, but then drops. Perhaps I caught a break with a summer vacation in there somewhere as one turn where he has me dead to rights, his groups don't attack.

I take stock on T27, I now hold 2 regions and everyone else only has 1 at best (very surprising this late in the game). Already back up to 30 brigades (NO do breed quickly with high reinforcements and cheap Companions), a P8, 2 P7s, and 2 P4s with 5 HPs and now 9 artifacts including the Ring of Spells, Staff of Disdain, and Narsil, Sword of the West courtesy of the IL. I only lost one high level agent and a Baron during the war and netted 4 IL prisoners.

I now reo-organize to take R7 from Runnimede; I have decided I will go the route of R7 and then R4 for my victory run. I’m careful to select only HA targets and not TY targets; I don’t want to wake that bear. On the turn before I invade R7, the HA drops. And I’m stunned to eventually discover that the TY has destroyed EVERY PC in R7 save one, the HA capital in water. Both the Amazons and I rush to take the now Human town with Princes. I sleep his and Ward mine and claim Runnimede (all 1 PC of it) plus 2 more artifacts and 7 more prisoners left over at the HA former capital. Its now T30, I’m in first place handily with 3 regions, no one else has more than 1 and the TY has now dropped also. I send two emmys in to R9 to start taking it but everything else flows in to Torvale. I drop emmys into almost every PC and send my groups though I make what should have been a costly mistake, my largest group fails to teleport in because when I transferred the Ring of Power it went to a different wizard than who I expected.

Thankfully, that error does not cost me as my emmys and groups take enough PCs to gain control of the region and I issue the Rex victory order hoping that they would succeed. My most exciting moment though was on T27 when I had all 3 of my P6s attempt to level up on the same turn (exceeding their maximum magic level) and all 3 made their 50% roll to level up (in one swoop I went from 3 P6s to a P8 and a 2 P7s courtesy of the Ring of Spells and those glorious rolls).

Anxious to hear what was going on in the north such that no one could secure a 2nd region.

WA Summary

I'm thrilled to have gotten 2nd in my first full-on game of Alamaze! I was a part of two primeval games before joining game 513.

I had good scouting, and took R3 on turn 3. I spend the next few turns to level up my wizards. At this point, I was running out of resources, so I chose to go after the DE in R6. I threw two big armies at the DE along with my entire political court. I sent 1 emmy to each PC, so that obviously didn't do a whole lot vs the demonic denigrations. I think one duke got incarcerated before I moved all of my emmys back to R3. My main success was that I was able to take out two demon princes by taking a town, moving off, then moving right back to it.

I had NO idea how to protect my wizards from assassins when I had first started this game. The DE took out 7-8 P3-P5 wizards over the course of 10 orders or so. Finally, after much frustration, I realized that I could #920 to protect groups and not just PCs. After that, I never lost another wizard. But I was down to 2 wizards at one point... so most of my power was gone.

With the DE down to basically only water PCs and two Demon Princes dead, and myself with only 2 wizards, we were at a stalemate for basically the rest of the game. Towards the last 4 turns, I was able to get a good fleet in the sea of drowning, and I started picking off the remainding DE PCs in the water. I was enamoring R9 and preparing to swarm the region with emmys the turn that the NO won. I knew it was going to be a race to see who would get there first.

Congrats to Imperial Tark for the victory. I had no other contact with any other kingdom except for the DE in R6. My summary is pretty short because the stalemate for almost 20 turns was basically me moving my armies around R6's land PCs and having the DE trail behind my group and take back each one with emmys. The DE's mages lowering my group's morale every turn was also rather crippling before I learned how to counter that.

DE
Will keep mine short as my game was pretty limited. As Tomag said, he invaded me pretty early and did some damage, and I spent the whole game defending and just barely holding on to my region. I tried countering into Talking but could not put enough together. From that point, my goal was to just kill emissaries and wizards and leaders. I think my city traded hands like 12 times. I did take out a lot of emissaries and wizards, but he somehow made enough points to make the podium. Well done and congratulations.