Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Order #180 & Dome of Invulnerability
How does Dome of Invulnerability interact with order #180 Threaten Popcenter?

If a kingdom casts a dome on a PC the same turn that another kingdom threatens it with order #180, will that prevent the attack that follows of a failed #180? Or can this order be used to override the dome and force your group to attack the PC?
Dome will block the attack from a failed threaten order. But if threaten is successful Dome will not block that.

Normally 180 is used as a way to attack a PC after issuing a meteor strike (155) to first damage it.
Never thought about that; thank you for your insight JF Smile
I find going with a 150 order and then 155 works best when attacking avalon
I think this could be an area the newer guys are a bit slower on the uptake. Since the order gui is so user friendly it actually takes away from some of the forced learning of orders and there order they process in the game. They are all still listed next to each command but you no longer see them in a specific order of process that you were forced to in the older times. I would not change the order entry it is great just something I was thinking when first responding to this thread.
(06-28-2016, 08:36 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: I think this could be an area the newer guys are a bit slower on the uptake.  Since the order gui is so user friendly it actually takes away from some of the forced learning of orders and there order they process in the game.   They are all still listed next to each command but you no longer see them in a specific order of process that you were forced to in the older times.  I would not change the order entry it is great just something I was thinking when first responding to this thread.

Let me know if the website doesn't display the order sequence correctly (of an attack on a pc [#150] occurring before a meteor strike spell [#155]). It should display in the proper sequence within the message box area when you press the Verify Order button. You may also verify the execution sequence by reviewing your actions on the Summary page. So really that's two different displays of the execution order of your actions (though keep in mind that multiple orders at the same level execute randomly so three 150's will trigger randomly with all kingdoms being combined).
I have been quiet for awhile, traveling a bit.  Still ticking. 

As Mike said and all players should know, just "verify" after every order, and your orders are sorted in sequence of execution. 

All players should constantly verify and save.  It takes one second each, and there is no downside. 

Also recognize you can access all turns from the web order entry, until a game is done.  Meanwhile we still email all turns, so save those to a folder if you want to access turns after a game is over.

We have several games in queue.  As I have said before, I prefer not to do that to have players waiting, but we have so many requests for different game types.  Happy to say Alamaze Resurgent has started more than 200 games now since the Resurgence, and not sure another PBEM has started more than five.

We still need to at least double the player base, and the next project is a tutorial with limited orders and free.  So if you have friends you think could be interested but that Alamaze is too complicated, in a couple months I think we have a solution.
I can't wait for the tutorial! I think that will definitely make the game more attractive to players; too many of my friends find Alamaze too downright intimidating to even be willing to try it out

(Either that or they give the excuse that they're "poor, broke college students" who have part time jobs and parents paying for their education and living expenses LOL!)