Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standard Anonymous Warlords
Draft is starting now!!

(09-29-2015, 08:14 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: if the whole thing is random, I'm fine with that.  I just didn't want two rounds of strategic picks followed by a random element.  Random seems odd, but if that's the norm... ok.

Why is random odd? Warlords, by the very format, is for experienced players. Thus everyone is treated equally and the random draft so as not to give anyone an advantage.

(09-29-2015, 08:14 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: if the whole thing is random, I'm fine with that.  I just didn't want two rounds of strategic picks followed by a random element.  Random seems odd, but if that's the norm... ok.

I just say everyone seems to love Lord Diamond's drafts (secret recipe like Colonel Sanders or Doctor Pepper) and the one time I did it, they were chasing me through the streets with sticks.  So he is pretty much the standard bearer and that's how it is.   I just say again, respect his time - don't go to a movie while he is waiting for you to draft.

I see now that by "random" you mean that the ranking of players is done randomly (not based on any other criteria). My interpretation of "random" was that actual selection of kingdoms was going to be done randomly (i.e., I'll end up with 3 kingdoms with no input on which ones I get). I'm good.

Also, need to confirm this is the 2x a week 3 slot Warlords instead of the 1x a week 2 slot Warlords before creating the game.

(09-29-2015, 08:50 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: I see now that by "random" you mean that the ranking of players is done randomly (not based on any other criteria).  My interpretation of "random" was that actual selection of kingdoms was going to be done randomly (i.e., I'll end up with 3 kingdoms with no input on which ones I get).  I'm good.

I'd just say, there have been no major complaints on how his draft magic works. I believe actually you will know each round what kingdom you have. So you adjust accordingly.

(09-29-2015, 08:51 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Also, need to confirm this is the 2x a week 3 slot Warlords instead of the 1x a week 2 slot Warlords before creating the game.

I need more action! I will vote for twice a week!!

I'd prefer once a week as well but will also go with majority.

(09-29-2015, 08:50 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: I see now that by "random" you mean that the ranking of players is done randomly (not based on any other criteria).  My interpretation of "random" was that actual selection of kingdoms was going to be done randomly (i.e., I'll end up with 3 kingdoms with no input on which ones I get).  I'm good.

LOL...I see what you're getting at. No, it's not "random". Each round we submit our four choices ranked by preference...based on LD's draft, we get one of those picks.

I.E. For first round, you might chose AN, BL, GI, WI. After all of us have submitted for that round, you'll get an email from LD saying, "Congratulations, you are the GI. Please submit your second round picks." You won't know what other kingdoms have been taken (unless, in this case, you obviously know that the AN and BL are gone) but you'll be able to tailor your next four picks based on your first one.

Cmon 2nd round! I am dying over here!!