Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PegasusProd.Com
Wow, good stuff there! I see my "Gnomercy" article still intact in the Oracle!
It's a good read but not sure about your "Play hardball" with the Red Dragon ideaWink
(02-18-2013, 03:00 AM)Maximus Dominus Wrote: Flyer for Alamaze is attached.

The flyer is great. Where can I find detailed game description and rule?
I find reading game rules as interesting as playing game. Smile
It's there, check those other links!
Thanks, I found them.

By the way, is Fall of Rome game map same size as Alamaze map?
Ref:
Ancient Ones Military Dossier...

It appears as though you cannot customize your recruited legions. For instance, in FoR, if I am the Norse, I can hire Samatians for speed. In Alamaze, Ancient Ones are kind of stuck with terds for recruitment according to this reference. I thought someone posted that you can hire customized recruits in Alamaze?

Sancus
Different kingdoms have different troops available. The Ancient Ones primarily use the human population so have recruits and veterans along with their kingdom brigades. With higher level mages they could get monsters and maybe skeletons. I don't know their spell list off hand so I'm not sure of the likelihood of getting other troops. Other kingdoms such as the trolls can naturally hire monsters from wooded area and dragon kingdoms can only hire winged beasts since their armies fly.

That being said the hired troops will still have the movement characteristics assigned to the kingdom troops.
The Ancient Ones, themselves, what are they, if they are not humans?
Sancus,

Troop types are limited to Kingdom brigades and then recruits and veterans. Additional troop types can be recruited by Wizards and specialty kingdoms.

Ancients Ones are UBER politically powerful. They also have a very good starting magic user base. If they were able to build up a relatively "good" army that was competitive with the military powers then those Kingdoms would always behind the 8 ball. The game works well but yeah some positions have crappy armies.
The Underworld would be hard pressed to capture a village with their "army" of back alley thugs. They start out with two brigades of UN and one Veteran. The Veterans are more powerful. Then again, you don't play the Underworld for their military might.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.