Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Movies for Alamaze Players
I would remove Gladiator from the list. 'Sword and Sandal' is a very different sort of genre, and I don't even think that's the best of them. I would replace it with the aforementioned Conan the Barbarian and perhaps give a shout-out to Excalibur. I wouldn't leave Avatar in there, either. It's basically Ferngully with a bigger budget and eye-rolling virtue signaling. I'd probably replace it with Beowulf.

While it is a series and not a "movie, "  Game of Thrones is so on target it has to be mentioned.
How about Eragon, a movie based on the works of Christopher Paolini?  It really is remarkable that this young man has accomplished so much already.  It certainly visits the world of dragons and magic in a major way.

I'd remove 300 from the list. I'm pretty sure the Spartans didn't fight in diapers.

Also the Hobbit movies. The old Rankin-Bass cartoon was actually better.

Its good, its good, lots of opinions.  Again, I was naming mainly high quality movies that Alamaze players would like, not so much an exact fit to Alamaze.

I agree with Wookie's additions.  Obviously, Game of Thrones a big influence on the Alamaze designer.  HBO, redo the last season.  I have kind of a private joke with friends where my three greatest regrets in life are all things that they did ( Big Grin ).  But the last season of GOT is a HUGE disappointment.  

I would add "13 Warriors" as a candidate.  

If we got to B movies then The Sword and the Sorcerer which was before Ladyhawk (man, Rutger Hauer king of the B movies). 

We needed a Conan movie, but it would be so deserving of a Peter Jackson.  The Gray Mouser thinks he should be in movies with his buddy Fafhrd.

If you are going B movies... Hawk the Slayer. Elves... Dwarves... Giants... Magic... Kings... Artifacts...

Uncle Buck should be on any list of "Movies for ______".

Also, Hellboy.

Well, if we're going to get serious, the list should include The Sound of Music, which includes both a Captain and a Baroness as well as mountain terrain and invading armies. Also, a high priestess who sings.

(08-19-2019, 06:14 PM)DuPont Wrote: Well, if we're going to get serious, the list should include The Sound of Music, which includes both a Captain and a Baroness as well as mountain terrain and invading armies. Also, a high priestess who sings.

Uncle Buck > Sound of Music

What are your thoughts on Oklahoma? Really highlights the political aspects of the game.

(08-19-2019, 06:14 PM)DuPont Wrote: Well, if we're going to get serious, the list should include The Sound of Music, which includes both a Captain and a Baroness as well as mountain terrain and invading armies. Also, a high priestess who sings.

Haa haa haa haa haa. I loved that movie!
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

Wink 

Big Grin Tongue