Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Maintain Statues Quo work Against your own Emissariers?
If you are locked into a diplomatic fight for a PC. If one of your emessariesmaintains statues quo to make it more difficult for you opponent to turn it nutral does your emmesaries efforts work against your other emmisarries attempts?
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

I’m not an expert so one of the others may correct this but my understanding is that maintain status quo works against the PC and makes it harder for all Kingdoms to influence the PC.

Correct

Likewise, your 315 order would benefit both you and your opponent. This is actually helpful in an ally game.

So then I am curious. If two people have high level Emma in the same city and both are trying to take it what is a good strategy for fighting that fight. Short of using assassins. Does it pretty much become a standoff?
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

A sleep spell possibly. Send in reinforcements or move a group in to take it.

(05-10-2019, 02:46 PM)Strylian Wrote: So then I am curious. If two people have high level Emma in the same city and both are trying to take it what is a good strategy for fighting that fight. Short of using assassins. Does it pretty much become a standoff?
It’s a drain on both. Each side has to decide how long they want to tie up resources for no gain. One side can try to sleep or kidnap but since both sides are invested in the conflict they will likely be warded or guarded.

As Rellgar said... military is usually an option. as well.

One other note to consider. If both enter a 330 order, the computer will randomize the order of them. Thus, the first to act will do a 330 on the neutral town while the other is attempting it on a controlled town. Might make a difference if you are a reaction level better or have a higher influence. Or you can do a Maintain if you think he is trying a 330. Lots of options trying to guess what the other will do.
As mentioned above, I usually just move a group there and take it plus capture an enemy emissary hopefully.

(05-10-2019, 03:50 PM)Calidor Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 02:46 PM)Strylian Wrote: So then I am curious. If two people have high level Emma in the same city and both are trying to take it what is a good strategy for fighting that fight. Short of using assassins. Does it pretty much become a standoff?
It’s a drain on both.  Each side has to decide how long they want to tie up resources for no gain.  One side can try to sleep or kidnap but since both sides are invested in the conflict they will likely be warded or guarded.

As Rellgar said... military is usually an option. as 
Sort of a Mexican Standoff. Lol

Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief