Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gnomish Strategy for Newb
(12-09-2013, 04:59 PM)DeimosRuhk Wrote:
(12-09-2013, 12:40 PM)Jumbie Wrote: Standing tributes aren't generally used. It's very rare for any kind of inequal relationship to exist at the start where one kingdom is the boss and exacts tribute in exchange for peace. Not even the Red Dragons are powerful enough to make that kidn of demand of another kingdom right off the bat. Alamaze rewards cooperation among small groups early on rather than early confrontations. It is possible for one kingdom to knock another out of the game early on throuhg cleaver play, but that's usually a surprise attack to control a shared region and there's little point to threatening and establishing tribute if you go that route.

Most of the time it's quid pro quo. e.g. "I'll have my wizard put that enemy emissary to sleep so you can take that town and in return you can give me 40,000 food since it's summertime and I'm short." OR "Give me the ring of protection and I'll vote to kick your enemy of the high council." etc.

BTW, a good resource to check out before you start is the Valhalla sub-forum where every completed game has it's story told by the participants and it generally covers things like what deals were made early on and whether they chose to use military action first or diplomacy or magic etc. and then gives you the outcome.

The best part of it is that if you pay attention to what the good players say, you start to get a feel for do's and dont's.

Good to know! Thanks! Is the player's startup location static or random? I mean, is there any way I can know where my stuff will begin at before the game commences? Kinda hard to plan having no experience where everything is. I looked up my pdf profile, but it didn't tell me what my guys would be or where they would be at. Undecided

1. Your failed HC Bid gold is not lost.

2. For general starting postions of the various kingdoms you can look at the Second cycle turn 0's on this link:

http://web.archive.org/web/2000091416420...resources/

DiemosRuhk,

I emailed you an excel spreadsheet that I use for mapping and intel collection. And hey, if anyone else wants a copy, PM me. I have it for both the Classic and Resurgent maps now.

(12-09-2013, 09:47 PM)Cargus10 Wrote: DiemosRuhk,

I emailed you an excel spreadsheet that I use for mapping and intel collection. And hey, if anyone else wants a copy, PM me. I have it for both the Classic and Resurgent maps now.

Thanks Cargus! It really clarified the terrain issues I was having, as the basic map was a little hard for me to read!

Now that I know my starting position I gotta start calculating expenses...